Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to get a new set of rims/tires really soon. I hear the winters aren't too bad here and that there really isn't much snow... so do I need all-season tires? I only drive about 3-5 miles to work and if it ever did snow, I could probably get a ride.

I'm thinking of getting kumho ecsta spts. Do you guys think it will be alright during the winters?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
FYI, first time there is even a little snow pack on the road... you WILL slide, and have NO traction. Trust me.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have 16s with Kumho tires and do just fine year round. Use the force to guide you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
the problem here is there isnt enough snow.

it snows during the night, melts during the day, so the roads are wet, then it gets freezing again, the roads ice up hardcore, and it snows on top of it making it extra slippery.

then the process repeats itself.

id just invest in a good pair of chains and ride on steelies if you wanna be extra careful.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
lol it depends on ur skills more than tires :)(unless of course they re really bold) i was passin every van/subaru/ and whatever maybe besides big awd trucks that could pull away from me an all i got is proxes with about 60% left on them never slid once unless i did it on purpose

people were jumpin the sidewalk and **** goin sideways on turns and all i had is a blank stare from them lik wtfim sideways in my awd and u re still on the road

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm leaning towards getting the summer tires. As for skills... I survived 5 winters in Illinois, so I think I've had some pretty good experience driving in the snow.

Last winter my car bottomed out on the snow and I had to dig it out for 20 minutes It wasn't my fault, it was simple physics. There was just way too much snow (almost a foot) and I had to drive to work.

If it literally only snows a few days a year I think I'll be okay. Plus I heard this winter is supposed to be ridiculously warm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.