Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna run 1000cc injectors for my gt28rs/300hp set up on my LS.

Im going to be using an AEM EMS to tune....will i still need to get a resistor box and a driver for my 1000cc injectors, or will i be okay because im tuning with a different ems?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
If your injectors are low impedance, unsaturated, then you need to use a resistor box which wires up to all the injectors.

If they are high impedance, saturated, then you're good to go.

Do you already have them? What brand are they? You'll most likely have to research on them and find out if they are high or low impedance.

Under Fuel and Engine Management in the G2IC Turbo Guide....

- "When replacing injectors it is important to match the correct type of injector with the correct OBD version of ECU. If you have a 90-91 Integra you have an OBD0 PR4 computer that uses peak and hold, low resistance, injectors. If you have a 92-93 Integra, or any VTEC engine, you have an OBD 1 PR4 computer that uses saturated, high resistance, injectors. When buying new injectors (available from RC Engineering) get the correct type for your application. If you must use peak and hold injectors on a OBD1 or later car, then follow the directions in the next section for adding resistors to the wiring harness."

This applies mostly to G2 integra's, but I think that G3s are supposed to use high impedance injectors. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Is there a reason you are going with such large injectors? I am all for getting larger injectors than you need but I usually like to see the turbo be able to support them. The disco potato will never even come close to maxing out those injectors.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not to mention how difficult it would be to get those things to idle...If you're using an AEM and have the money for the 28R, I'm assuming you're also going to sleeve the motor?

Exactly as Justin said, those are WAY too big.

But to answer your question, if they are Peak & Hold injectors (which they should be anyway) then yes, you will need an injector driver or resistor pack.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea but im going to upgrade eventually when i build the block to a gt30 or 35...no reason to get new injectors then...unless there is some reason i shouldnt

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and no im not going to sleeve it right now because i can get most all the power out of the 2860rs without sleeving.

what size would you reccomend running...i think the lowest i can run are 720s....

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah, go buy 350cc injectors and be done with it! your only going for 300 hp you said! you would have a more fun car if you did a smaller turbo that spooled quicker for the streets, but if your just drag racing, spool it with nitrous! upgrading to a bigger turbo later is going to be no fun at all either, have you ever driven a front wheel drive car with over 350 hp? pointeless except to break axels and waste tires!

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
JDMB18DB8 on Sep/05/07 said:
and no im not going to sleeve it right now because i can get most all the power out of the 2860rs without sleeving.

what size would you reccomend running...i think the lowest i can run are 720s....
why?

Just run 550s and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I've heard bad things about them, but I'm pretty newB to injectors. I went with precision 880s and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The only problems with RCs are the Saturated injectors (high impedance- no resistor box needed). If I remember correctly, the largest that they are technically made is 450cc...the 720cc are actually 450s with a modified enlarged pintle/valve. These have been the only failures I have heard about when it comes to RCs injectors...so the Peak & Holds will work fine

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
My RC 440s held 300whp and thats at a 85% duty cycle. Highest plug and play high impediance injector is the rc 750cc injector, BUT Morgan and Mike over at Synapse said that the 750's if you mess with the fuel pressure wont like the added fuel pressure and will begin to misfire.

JRutski is correct, 750's saturated have a modified enlarged pintle/valve to push more fuel in. Thats where the problem usally occors.

1000cc's can be used with a resistor box but thats all upto you. I would prefer something more like the FJO driver to run 1000+ cc injectors.

With the 300 your looking for 550's are fine for your setup. Im sure someone on this site has a set for you.

Precision does make good injectors as well, each have there own amount of failure rates, just rc is more common so you will hear more of the failure rates of rc's. RC injectors have been pretty dominate in the injector market.

Another thing (since you stated you will be using AEM to tune) make sure if you see any fluctuations in boost pressure you check everything. If you cant find the issue then your AEM box has crapped out. Within the last 3 weeks we know of 8+ people who are big in the Sportsman part of drag racing who have had AEM boxes fail on them. I know the AEM box in our race car failed and the box was reading 5psi below what the map sensor was reading and thats what blew our valves right out of the head.. Just as a FYI

·
Registered
479 Posts
to the guy that said use 350cc injectors for 300whp.....i really dont know what to say to that

like everyone here said the 550cc injectors would be ideal for your setup. you can run the 1000cc injectors they will run and work fine, but i would run the 550s now, sell them and buy 1000s later on.

the rc750's are the only injectors i dont suggest. all the others have worked flawlessly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.