Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 GSR that started steaming on the way home today. I popped the hood and there was coolant all over the place. It looked like it was coming from the top of the radiator where the metal meets the plastic top. I cleaned it up and started the car again and sure enough it was leaking out from the top of the radiator where the plastic top is attached to the rest of the radiator. Do I need a new radiator? What else could have caused this. My car only has 58,000 miles on it I'm confused.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
thermostat could be stuck open..also good thing to flush your radiator.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
If its leaking around here

then, yes, its for sure time for a new radiator.. article explaining the steps, you'd be in and out with only $110-ish

and while it may seem early that it needs replacing at 58k miles, it's not outside the realm of possibility

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MorningZ, yup, thats where it is leaking from, but not through cracks in the plastic but from the seal in between the brown plastic top and the metal that looks like teeth.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you drive on alot of ruff or bumpy roads alot the metal teeth after time can get loose and hence the coolant leak. Most of the time ull need a new radiator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts