Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im about to install my infinity reference sub which is 1200 watts max but 350watts rms and a crunch 750 watt sub i also have 6.5" Kicker componets in the front and a panasonic headunit, the rears are stock for now but ill get them soon and i might install my ps2 and a 5" screen in the dash. Do i need a capicitor for this setup? Because i don't want to drain my battery. Oh by the way, is there any kind of deep cycle batteries that fit integras? because i'm using some cheap auto-trak one Should i change it? Please i need help on this

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MeltMan on Aug/29/02 said:
How much is your AMP pushing. The subs ratings don't matter, its how much wattage your amp is pushing. If you are under 500w then no. If your amp is above 500w then you should probably get one.
i meant a crunch 750 watt amp

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you running a 4 channel amp or just the sub amp. If you only have a 750 sub amp then you should be fine with the cap, no need for a deep cycle. But since we are on the topic. I am running 2400 watts, a 1 Farad cap is not enough. does anyone know if a deep cycle battery would help enough, or do i need to upgrade the alternator?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ok in my opinion Kerrminator a half ferad would do you fine. You might not need it but it wouldn't hurt for what you are running. Viper if you are running a whole farad cap and it's still not enough I would try a high output alternator. That should fix your problem. By the way what guage power wire are you both running?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
kerrminator, you probably don't really need one, but i would just to be safe since you will be adding more stuff. stinger makes batteries that will fit integra with small modifications. i think they also make high output alternators,but they are like $400.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i was running an 800W MA Audio amp to to subs... lights were slightly dimming, so i put in a 1/2Farad cap and it took car of the problem. Hook you system up and see if your lights dim... if they do a 1/2 farad cap should set you up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts