Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im about to install my infinity reference sub which is 1200 watts max but 350watts rms and a crunch 750 watt sub i also have 6.5" Kicker componets in the front and a panasonic headunit, the rears are stock for now but ill get them soon and i might install my ps2 and a 5" screen in the dash. Do i need a capicitor for this setup? Because i don't want to drain my battery. Oh by the way, is there any kind of deep cycle batteries that fit integras? because i'm using some cheap auto-trak one Should i change it? Please i need help on this

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you running a 4 channel amp or just the sub amp. If you only have a 750 sub amp then you should be fine with the cap, no need for a deep cycle. But since we are on the topic. I am running 2400 watts, a 1 Farad cap is not enough. does anyone know if a deep cycle battery would help enough, or do i need to upgrade the alternator?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ok in my opinion Kerrminator a half ferad would do you fine. You might not need it but it wouldn't hurt for what you are running. Viper if you are running a whole farad cap and it's still not enough I would try a high output alternator. That should fix your problem. By the way what guage power wire are you both running?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
kerrminator, you probably don't really need one, but i would just to be safe since you will be adding more stuff. stinger makes batteries that will fit integra with small modifications. i think they also make high output alternators,but they are like $400.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i was running an 800W MA Audio amp to to subs... lights were slightly dimming, so i put in a 1/2Farad cap and it took car of the problem. Hook you system up and see if your lights dim... if they do a 1/2 farad cap should set you up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts