Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
True, but remember on the blue box, how it creates voltage to block the signal of boost, so that there was no need for the Missing Link? Well, if the e-manage was bought separately from the Greddy kit itself, it didn't come with the pressure sensor for boost. It wouldn't read the fact that boost is SUPPOSED to be there, regardless of the ECU signal, and could prevent boost from being seen.

Remember E-manage wasn't just for boosted cars. It was made also for N/A applications, and that's how they came out of the box.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
no but the E-manage can expand the fuel map to include pos. pressure to my understanding-- once the map is expanded it can compensate fuel for the pressure seen by the MAP -- any MAP.

this is different from the blue box which altered the voltage to "trick" the ECU, the emanage actually sees boost makes the correction then sends the proper signal to the ECU. which will inturn add/subtract the proper ratio of fuel needed. this is why the timing control is purchased separately--- it is a different entity, where MAP is not.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Right 95gsrturbo.. it tricks the ecu, but the e-manage doesn't necessarily do that.

Hell we could both be right.. This guy should call Greddy. From me and LSTURBOTEGs use and tune of the system, we needed to use that boost pressure sensor, and we ran below 11psi...

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
if you dont know what it looks like check the instruction manual-- thatwill have pics of what your purchase includes-- you need to use some common sense---

and instructions are your best friend-- the profec e-01 costs about 450-500 and the emanage another 250 + timing and other options--- you have $1000 investment-- use it to its fullest--

although for that money i would have gone with a small hondata- standalone----the shop will prob laugh if you come askingif its included and its in the box--

the pressure sensor is usually a round black plastic unit with a nipple and wiring harness

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.