Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a warrenty on my ls and i need to know if i get a supercharger, if i have to drill holes for oil or anything because acura told me that as long as i don't go internal or tap into the engine that it won't void the warrenty.

·
Registered
155 Posts
no i dont believe you have to drill any holes to install the jrsc.as far as i know its all bolt on.

ok reread and you never said jrsc so i dont know what supercharger you want but if you want something like a vortech supercharger you will have to tap the oilpan for the drain back from it just like a turbo.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i used to have the jsrc on my first teg. only issue i ran into was clearance with the compressor pulley to the alternator. i actually used a die grinder on driver side wheel (inside half) to make sure the belt didn't rub when tension was put on it....mostly from the motor torqueing back

·
Registered
303 Posts
yup....the hardest part is removing the intake manifold bracket that is right next to the oil filter....everything else is pretty easy... be prepared to cut your intake if you have a SRI or CAI

·
Registered
2000 GS-R
725 Posts
I could have sworn that the jackson was the only sc that would not void the warranty since it was sold by Comptech back when the 3G was still being made.

But is a 2001 actually still under warranty? The warranty was 5 years/50k miles. It is now a smige more than 5 model years old and if that doesn't kill it I'm guessing the over 50k miles will.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
pdf instructions for JRSC

Just to let you know...

They won't void the warrenty on the whole car or anything like that, but if something happens, and they trace it back to your supercharger, they won't cover it.

Let me give you an example. The supercharger uses an FMU (i skimmed the pdf real quick) You are fooling with fuel. If something happens and the car leans out when you are boosting and your engine dies, i doubt they'd pay for that. And personally i dont' think they should.

Also in your warrenty it does not cover racing, they can always use that as an excuse for not paying. Jackson RACING supercharger haha

If you have any questions, i'd ask the people warrenties the car.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would also like to point out real quick I have seen like 3 or 4 posts go up by this topic starter and it seems like u should check out the article on supercharging. There are also many good threads here by typing jrsc in the search bar...jrsc . Aside from those few sites, you could also check out c-speed install for a quick pictoral run down of how the install goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.