Team Integra Forums banner

821 - 828 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
I heard it is possible to shave down the caliper for it to clear per older hondatech posts. I think you need at least more than a 3mm spacer (recalling from memory when I did a test fit with my friend's RPF1, possibly a 10mm should clear.

To add to the list of wheels that clear, the 15x8 et28 RPF1 clears without an issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drag DR-62s in 15x7 +40 fit with plenty of room to spare. Pic: https://i.imgur.com/oINLaWd.jpg

Drag DR-21s in 15x7 +40, however, despite not having the same inner lip that RPF1s do, do not work. Unlike the 15x7 RPF1 that the backside of the caliper rubs the inside lip of the wheel, on the 15x7 DR-21 the outside of the caliper will hit the spokes. Maybe if you had a spacer to add a few mm it would work? Pic: https://i.imgur.com/UluG3fb.jpg

EDIT: With a 3mm spacer, Drag DR-21s will just barely clear the caliper and bracket, and by just barely I mean juuuuuust barely. There's barely a mm of clearance from the spokes. They do not touch, but if anything were to move they would hit. It's way too close for comfort. With a 5mm spacer (and extended studs) or grinding away the caliper face it'll clear these wheels, but I think I'll just opt to get different wheels that'll clear. Pic: https://i.imgur.com/cFZ1Z7S.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since someone brought this back from the dead, I kind of made a small discovery (I think) that I haven't seen anywhere.

From what I see, the prelude and Integra type R have the exact same calipers for BOTH front and back with bleed valves facing up. This would also mean you could just order the prelude brake pads instead of mixing and matching.

To make it work on 4 lug integras you would just need Mini Cooper base front rotors and the rear will need ep3 rear rotors.

ITR and Prelude Front Caliper part number: 17CLIFVN
ITR and Prelude Rear Caliper part number : 9CLP14S

Can anyone confirm this, bc it would be nice not to mix and match so much and just buy prelude everything (except rotors) instead of getting parts from 5 different hondas.

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
ITR and Prelude Front Caliper part number: 17CLIFVN
ITR and Prelude Rear Caliper part number : 9CLP14S
Are those Nissin's part numbers? I ask because those numbers aren't the same part number formatting that Honda/Acura uses.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are those Nissin's part numbers? I ask because those numbers aren't the same part number formatting that Honda/Acura uses.
I believe so, it's the actual number stamped on the calipers. I have been trying to do more research on it, and it's possible that the rear prelude bracket might be slightly different than the type-r, but I haven't seen any solid answers on it. I think I might be going to the junk-yard this weekend to see if I can find a lude with some brakes on it.

·
Administrator
43,012 Posts
Can anyone confirm this, bc it would be nice not to mix and match so much and just buy prelude everything (except rotors) instead of getting parts from 5 different hondas.
Not knowing part #’s, junk yard runs, not even sure it’ll work over just using parts that time and time again through the years are proven to work, and work we

How is that easier/nicer? Seems like a lot of needless hassle :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I checked, t
Not knowing part #’s, junk yard runs, not even sure it’ll work over just using parts that time and time again through the years are proven to work, and work we

How is that easier/nicer? Seems like a lot of needless hassle :(
I figured just being able to buy the prelude front and back calipers and pads would be easier.

ANYWAYS..... Here are my discoveries.

Unfortunately, the prelude rear calipers are the same as the EP3 and RSX with the nipple pointing down and the bracket is incorrect, so it's not worth getting. I own an ep3, so I was able to test it.

821 - 828 of 828 Posts
About this Discussion
827 Replies
184 Participants
deesautohouse
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing