Team Integra Forums banner
801 - 820 of 830 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, newbie here. I read a lot of this thread, but after making my order, I'm freaking out that I didn't order the correct parts... Would you mind taking a look at my order and telling me if I got it right?

Fronts:
ITR calipers
2002 TSX brake pads
2010 Mini Cooper Rotors (base model, 280mm)

Rears:
2002 Civic SI REAR Calipers, pads and rotors (260mm)

Thanks,
Jorgen

· Premium Member
754 Posts
I originally purchased the upper end "kit" (front and rear) from ProParts (Centric Premium Rotors and Stoptech Performance Brake Pads). I'm pretty sure this kit included "Type-R" sized pads, which were toast between last years and this years visit to the Dragon. I just replaced the front pads with Akebono Ceramic TSX Pads (Advance Auto part number ACT787). Based on what I see, the "Type-R" pads over hung the outer edge of the rotor by "just a hair". The replacement TSX pads definitely seem to fit the rotor better, but seem to cover "just a hair" more of the inner hub side of the rotor. Basically, there is a hairline groove that the Type-R pads didn't touch that the TSX pads do now. For the first roughly 100 miles, I had a noticeable "scratching" sound, that seems to be going away now. Otherwise, approve of the TSX Pads :)

· Premium Member
31,147 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
I am unable to get any of those ProParts links to work.
Anyone else have similar issues?
I did the ProParts upgrade on my 95 GSR last year and they work great. If you can get powder coated calipers, that is a better choice. And also get the low dust pads, your wheels will thank you.

· Registered
426 Posts
So I got an email from ProParts today clearing a few things up for me:

First, they are shipping Acura CL calipers now with these kits, not actual ITR calipers. Anyone know if there is a difference? I think they share a part#.

Second, they can't upgrade the kit to Hawk DTC-60 pads, just FYI.

Now I'm curious as to how the CL pads sit vs ITR or TSX.

One final question. I've got a 94 DB7, while the calipers are listed as 97+ because obviously that's when the ITR started in USDM. These will fit a 94, right?

EDIT: Spoke to Jeff and he says they are still shipping ITR calipers+brackets. The employee that told me CL may have gotten it wrong.

· Registered
426 Posts
So I'm assuming that ordering the CL calipers from the ProParts kit, they will come with the proper 23t ITR brackets? And I'm also assuming that if I order the calipers from Rock Auto (listed as Type-R) those will also include the 23t bracket?

Maybe Jeff from PPUSA can chime in?

Now I'm torn between the overhang of the ITR pads, and having to pull the pad spring clips out for the TSX pads. I'd almost rather have that tiny overhang than have to pull out the clips. Anyone else running the TSX pads? How did that go? Did you have scratching for the first 100 miles like the guy above, even with the springs removed?

· Premium Member
31,147 Posts
The TSX sized pads I bought slipped right into the existing clips for me

As for getting Jeff to chime in, just call him... the # is right on their home page, he's in the directory

· Registered
426 Posts
I'm running tsx pads and didn't have any scratching, but I'm running dtc 60 pads so they're a bit squeaky anyway. YMMV
And you left the pad springs in? I was thinking of starting with the Stoptech Performance (1200mot) and then moving to dtc60 if I see any fade during light track days.

The TSX sized pads I bought slipped right into the existing clips for me
So you didn't have to pull the pad clips as per this post on H-T?

ITR Mini front brake upgrade. Look here for an update! - Honda-Tech

I'll give Jeff a ring to see about the ITR brackets, you'd have to assume they are shipping the correct ones with the CL calipers.

· Registered
426 Posts
I spoke to Jeff over the phone, and he basically said the employee that told me they were shipping CL calipers was misinformed. He assured me they are shipping ITR part #s for calipers and brackets. I know the CL caliper # is the same but was concerned about getting the wrong brackets.

He also said that as of right now, they are starting to ship TSX pads with the kits instead of ITR pads, to cure the overhang issue. I'll be running the Stoptech pads with ATE 200 so it should be good for my first novice track day. Will look into DTC60 if I need something more aggressive or feel like burning through rotors. :)

Thanks for all the input.

· Premium Member
31,147 Posts
To anyone reading this:

don't take the overhang thing is an "issue", it's really not a big deal, it just results in a funny looking pad when it's time to change it.

ITR or TSX, you'll get more stopping power !

· Registered
745 Posts
Jeff @ProPartsUSA takes care of business!

I wanted to let everyone know that Jeff at ProPartsUSA is a complete professional.

I ordered the package deal from ProPartsUSA on the first page of this thread and encountered an issue with the parts I received. I called customer service and spoke with Jeff. He went waaaay out of his way to correct the situation and remained very polite even though I was clearly frustrated. I am very satisfied with his solution.

I will definitely be using ProPartsUSA for my next purchase. Cheap,fast and reliable - not often you hear those words in the same sentence on an automotive forum. Thanks Jeff.

· Premium Member
31,147 Posts
Does anyone know if this upgrade will clear Lenso rims?
How is anyone supposed to answer that? Rim diameter, width and offset all factors. Brand of rims = no factor

801 - 820 of 830 Posts