Team Integra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
lightningteg great work on the brakes and your whole build

ive been looking at this setup for a few weeks but with the legend 2 pot caliper instead...

could you take a measurement to insure people can run their wheels on this and simular setups?
This setup will clear a FAT5 and snowflake 15" wheel. Pretty much every aftermarket appropriately sized offset wheel will have greater clearance than the OEM wheels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
it will clear 15" drag dr20's with a little grinding and a .25" wheel spacer keep an eye on your stud length when you start adding spacers, i went ahead and changed my studs but that became a bigger project than i wanted, new wheel brgs, new bj's and tie rod, damn pickle fork ripped my boots.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This setup will clear a FAT5 and snowflake 15" wheel. Pretty much every aftermarket appropriately sized offset wheel will have greater clearance than the OEM wheels.
it will clear 15" drag dr20's with a little grinding and a .25" wheel spacer keep an eye on your stud length when you start adding spacers, i went ahead and changed my studs but that became a bigger project than i wanted, new wheel brgs, new bj's and tie rod, damn pickle fork ripped my boots.
Ok, great. I'm not at all worried about the wheels I'm running now (being 17x7 +40).
Seeing what Drag dr20's offset is I have little worries... The wheels I will be running in the next few months will be 15x8 +25

Thanks for the info...

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Im happy to report I havent gotten these to there fading point while street tuning yet. HAvent done a whole lot of brake boosting though and that is the real test =P

·
Registered
260 Posts
That is a great find that mini rotors work with this conversion. I did this swap a while ago, but I used rotors for a prelude that were redrilled by fastbrakes. Since the mini rotors work, that means that I can get some aftermarket rotors for my car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm thinking about doing this with the cooper base 280mm rotors and acura legend 2 piston calipers. i'm on LS meshies, would the calipers have clearance from the rim or do i need to do any cutting/grinding?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok turns out 15" gt3s fit with out any spacers!!got pics on my cell..Gota figure out how to put them on.only problem is the brake feel is kinda too soft..softer then the gsr calipers I had before ..when I bled the brakes I only bled the fronts..maybe have to bleed all 4 calipers

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Ok turns out 15" gt3s fit with out any spacers!!got pics on my cell..Gota figure out how to put them on.only problem is the brake feel is kinda too soft..softer then the gsr calipers I had before ..when I bled the brakes I only bled the fronts..maybe have to bleed all 4 calipers
Yes you do lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
This set up is nice n simple, but I was wondering if I do this set up will it clear my rota mars's there 15-61/2 not sure of the off set. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
will the 28T brackets on the 2 piston legend calipers interfere with the mini cooper rotors or should i use 23T or 25T brackets? I don't want to mill it down, i don't mind spending a little more money to make it easier and have something that will bolt right up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i read that the bracket relates to the thickness of the rotor. the integra Type R has 23T brackets and 23mm thick rotors, so would the mini cooper rotors being 22mm thick, is the 28T bracket too wide?

61 - 80 of 828 Posts