Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was just *****ing about brake fade the other day, and started pricing out "big brake" upgrades.

In short... I love this thread so much right now. Thank you!

-Brian

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
^^ are you going brake fade on the street?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Basically. Its just more responsive. When I have a car full of people it still feels great.
Different pad brand/material will change the feel and modulation more than a caliper change.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Depends on the caliper change. ITR (accord) calipers have the same piston size as stock so you're right on this setup.
Yeah im not saying that changing the caliper wont change the feel, but the pad has alot to do with the feel as well. Just thought id add to that before other members start expressing their opinions on this setup. Someone might feel this setup sucks, but might be running cheap, quiet no dust pads. Pads are just pary of the whole package.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Yeah im not saying that changing the caliper wont change the feel, but the pad has alot to do with the feel as well. Just thought id add to that before other members start expressing their opinions on this setup. Someone might feel this setup sucks, but might be running cheap, quiet no dust pads. Pads are just pary of the whole package.
Agreeed. From my experience - running no dust pads - the larger pads with worse compound have similar stopping capability to stock sized pads with better compounds.

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well HPS and EBC reds are supposed to be very similar. I put stainless lines in to so that may have helped the pedal feel.

I mainly did this for the bigger rotors to handle the heat from stopping from 130+ pulls.

·
Registered
89 Posts
And I needed a full brake change, as my fronts are warped and back rotors have grooves.

I was thinking EBC sport rotors with EBC green pads, but that's $450 for all 4.

Hmm, worth a thought of change man. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What a great thread :D:D:D !! But seriously thought, gotta love how Honda owners always find great ways to mod\improve using other model, OEM, quality parts.

The SS lines should be here by the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have not tried other wheels but I have been told LS meshes clear and 15”x6.5 Rota slips do not. Please chime in if you have experience. My 16” GT3’s are very close.
Does anyone know if there's any size difference between the legend & ITR calipers, for clearance issues with the rota slips?

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Theres a thread here with info on legend calipers. But i bet you could use legend calipers with these rotors to

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok so I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you have to machine the V6 Accord caliper brackets to make them work, or are they direct bolt on?

2. With a V6 Accord caliper which rotor should be used: Prelude or Cooper (or are they the same minus redrilling the Prelude)?

Just curious because I purchased some V6 Accord calipers at $20 for the pair, so since my rotors are warped those are the only things I have left to buy...

On a side note, does anyone know what banjo fittings are used for the calipers and what size fitting is used to mount to the hard line. I am an aircraft mechanic, and our hydraulic shop will press on the fittings for me since I have about 40ft of SS braided line.

Thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Ok so I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you have to machine the V6 Accord caliper brackets to make them work, or are they direct bolt on?

2. With a V6 Accord caliper which rotor should be used: Prelude or Cooper (or are they the same minus redrilling the Prelude)?
1. No. Not with cooper rotors.
2. Use cooper rotors.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So, if this works with the Type R calipers, and the Spoon calipers bolt right up to the Type R, will these rotors allow me to run the Spoon calipers on 4x100??

21 - 40 of 828 Posts
About this Discussion
827 Replies
184 Participants
deesautohouse
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing