Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got some red vinyl (from mystikalstriker) to do my red out tails. Could this be an article? (Pics In Links) Heres how to do it:

Materials:
1.Windex
2.Paper Towels
3.Hair Dryer (may need extension cord)
4.Exacto Knife
5.Soapy Water
6.Credit Card or hard plastic card
7.(2) Red Transparent Vinyl Sheets

Step 1:
Clean surface really good with windex.

Step 2:
Take red transparent vinyl and peel off backing (careful not to let it stick to itself)

Step 3:
Dip film in soapy water, then remove

Step 4:
Apply wet film to the turn signal (Amber Area)

Step 5:
Start flushing out all of the soapy water with card.

Step 6:
Immediately after that, start heating up the vinyl with hair dryer so you can stretch it around the tail light, must do this to get rid of bubbles, this can get tricky and frustrating, but keep at it.

Step 7:
Now grab your exacto knife and carefully start cutting around the amber area. CUT LIGHTLY OR IT WILL SCRATCH YOUR TAIL LIGHTS

Step 8:
Peel off excess vinyl

Step 9:
Take hair dryer and go over it again rubbing hard around the edges to finish it off

Step 10:
Repeat steps 1-9 for other tail light.

Step 11:
ENJOY

Heres a VIDEO CLIP of the finished product.

Heres a DAYTIME CLIP

·
Registered
871 Posts
why would you take it apart?

i dunno is it just me or is the amber and all red so insignificant of a difference that it seems pointless. I like the amber actually. do you guys find it to be that much of an eyesore?

·
Registered
652 Posts
i think it could be a pretty decent article, i was looking into doing something like this but couldn't find the vinyl, where can i get some *link*, and how much? did you jus vinyle the blinker or the whole light? looks like the blinker only.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i dont like the amber either. but how but doing the whole light and cutting around the reverse light ? how would that look ? i would try it but i dont have the vinyl, and im afraid ill mess something up .

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
acuracy_r on Jan/30/06 said:
Quote: randombvr on Jan/30/06question: how do you put the taillight back together?
i know how to get it apart...but putting it back together?

did you even read the directions? you dont take them apart...
yes, i did read them. i just assumed because all the other diy taillight projects involved taking them apart.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
95ATEG on Jan/30/06 said:
I finally got some red vinyl (from mystikalstriker) to do my red out tails. Could this be an article? (Pics In Links) Heres how to do it:

Materials:
1.Windex
2.Paper Towels
3.Hair Dryer (may need extension cord)
4.Exacto Knife
5.Soapy Water
6.Credit Card or hard plastic card
7.(2) Red Transparent Vinyl Sheets
Is the red transparent Vinyl sheets from a company called Oracle?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.