Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was out at pick n pull last weekend when i came across some style of a buick and it had a big ass front strut tower bar on it. I saw quite a few actually. So i got the brilliant idea of were i could use it and bought it. I dont have step by step or pics to explain my install but basically drilled through the trunk floor on all 4 holes. then through the carpet. ran a bolt through the carpet, put a washer on the top of the trunk floor hole, pushed bolt all the way through, threw on another washer, some lock tight and a nut for all 4 holes. the bar is sturdy as a mo fu**** and looks clean. I never thought bracing the unibody did as much as people hyped it to until i cornered after this install! sorry the pics are a lil dark

·
Registered
565 Posts
i guess going for something different is cool and everything but if it doesnt serve the purpose its meant for (and correctly), then why?. good attempt though....i guess

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
95TYPEGSR on Sep/01/07 said:
It looked like you bolted right next to the side of the metal frame tho according to this picture. hum, mind to take come pics with the carpet out? it'd be nice to share your bolt points.

so which year was that buick?
good stuff. lets share the info.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well hook us up wit a little more info!!! Maybe get the make and model of the car you took this bar from...Buick??

Post a pic of the car you took the bar from and the location of the bar so we all can be up on this new ish!!!

Dont be greedy now...spead the love!! I want to do the trunk floor bar mod but i dont like the look of the square aluminum bar. This looks good though!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to be honest the pics make it look kinda ****ty but im actually really happy with how it turned out. and i was also thinking bout doin the home depot bar. so much happier i found this. And as far as the car goes i really dont remember what model it was. just go to a pick n pull or whatever u might have and look at the buicks. allot of them have the strut bar in the engine bays strut towers.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Any idea what years? My grandmother has a LeSabre...*evil laugh*
In all seriousness though, a lot of GM products(several Chevrolets I've worked on come to mind) have rather beefy frame braces in the engine bay, and I'm sure elsewhere. I'm using one of them now as an ITR-style trunk wall brace myself. Just a tip.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya ud be surprised searching around a pick n pull what you can come across. as far as it working correctly, my tegs got koni yellows and gc coils for suspension, and an oem type-r front tower strut bar. and before when id take a corner at a lil speed i didnt trust the rear end at all. after i bolted the bar in the trunk ive been shocked at how it corners, it works for me. and cost me like 10 bucks

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Must be psychosymatic. It's supposed to work as a complement to other suspension upgrades like rear upper strutbar, rear lower tie-bar, upgraded swaybar, etc. You shouldn't really notice a big difference with just the floor brace itself.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
95TYPEGSR on Sep/03/07 said:
ya ud be surprised searching around a pick n pull what you can come across. as far as it working correctly, my tegs got koni yellows and gc coils for suspension, and an oem type-r front tower strut bar. and before when id take a corner at a lil speed i didnt trust the rear end at all. after i bolted the bar in the trunk ive been shocked at how it corners, it works for me. and cost me like 10 bucks
lol, a rear strut bar at the back, is not going to make day and night difference on handling.

·
Registered
878 Posts
^^ agreed ive got a rear strut bar and c-pillar bar and the only diff. is that the back of my car doesnt look so empty lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aight, and i completely would agree. as i said earlier, i never thought strut bars or frame braces did as much as people hyped them to, but for some reason, mounting that bar on MY teg made a very impressive noticeable difference. Cant say what will happen exactly to yours but i posted this because i thought it was a pretty cool project and personally i think its a step up from the home depot brace. So take it how you want. if you dont think its gonna do **** for your teg, dont do it. peace

·
Registered
333 Posts
Damn bro...take it easy!! Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Some people base their opinion on documented fact and some base it on their own personal experience. Dont take it to heart if they doubt your results. Think of it like this...if it didnt work why did honda feel it needed to add it to the type r? If it works for you then you reached your goal. For me personally i WILL be trying your trunk brace! I might mod it a little so it mounts in the oem spot. looks like the bracket mounts to the bar with bolts which means i could prob cut and re-bolt the bracket at the desired length.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.