74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got all my tools today...
Primer
Acura black touch up paint
Clearcoat
Rubbing compound

There are 2 big paint chips in my front bumper, also the paint is cracking around the area.
Pic1
Pic2

After re-examining the chip, I'm scared I'm going to f*ck it up because the chip is in an akward position. I plan on using newspaper and masking tape around the area of the chip and then start painting. Hope it's as easy as it sounds. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The one near the headlight shouldn't be too bad. Why don't you just shave the "ACURA" sign? So that way you wouldn't need to worry about the grooves.

***edit***

I meant to say "INTEGRA".

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rgaray...I'm kinda lost with what you're trying to say...Do you mean the shave the grooved "Integra" letting in my front bumper? If so, I don't think there's a problem with that...

·
Registered
244 Posts
What you do is, get fine bondo filler from your local paint shop, make sure it says "fine".
1st sand the chip part with 180 grit, then primer (at least 2 coat), then sand again with grit 180, then wet sand with grit 400. Finally your ready to paint, cover parts that isn't needed to be paint. After finish painting, wet sand with grit 1200, then buff with rubbing compound and you're done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow! What i would do is take the bumper off and sand where the crack is and then take it to a body shop and have it done. the body shops will make it look god and not at a high price. For that i think it would probly be around 100$. Good luck man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thats what I would say do the prep work and then have a shop paint it because that wil keep peeling under the paint you will need to sand all the way will all that cracking is gone so you might as well repaint the whole bumper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts