Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here was my project for today... i got my ITR lip 2 days ago.. went to a local shop that mixed car paint and got that today... so being all excited.. i painted my ITR lip today as well... haha

supplies:
-can of primer
-can of g82-p (cypress green) paint
-2 cans of clear coat (ran out of the small can.. i was cheap and bought the $1 cheaper smaller size =P)
-duplicolor prep wipe
-1500 grit sand paper
-microfiber towels

procedure: used the prep wipe to clean off the lip of all dirt and grim (if any), sprayed 2 coats of primer, sanded lightly, wiped clean with towel, sprayed 4 coats of car paint, sprayed 4-5 coats of clear coat

finished product:

·
Registered
65 Posts
looks good man, good job

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice DIY, I am about to do that as well but getting the paint is the problem right now.

did the paint shop you got to mix up for you put it into spray can for you too? Was it a body shop or just a place that mixes up automotive paint? I can't seem to find a place that will mix it up and put it into a spray can.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the comments!

yep.. the shop put the paint in the can for me.. it cost $20 for the paint and $5 additional for each can i wanted them to make

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Looks good. You might try a polishing compound to make that lip shine like the car. I had the same problem when I painted my skirts. I'd say add about 3 more coats of clear and then add polish and buff the sh*t out of it. It'll bling just like the rest of the car. Nice DIY btw. What was the name of that "local shop?"

·
Registered
329 Posts
IMO it looks lighter lol...i think its just my comp monitor... looks good i need to match some paint so i can paint side skirts.....

btw tooslow96 the ITR lip looks..

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
The lip was abs plastic correct? Just want to make sure the steps are the same before I start painting mine this weekend.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
In all how much did you pay for paint and supplies. I paint for a company and it looks like you spent more money on spray paint and stuff than I did to paint my lip in my booth.

But if you factor in my paint gun, compressor, blah blah blah you did get out cheaper! looks awesome for spraypaint man!

·
Registered
553 Posts
It looks good. Although, it the lip looks slightly darker than the rest of your bumper. Maybe it's just the pic, but good job anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts