Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple Question (hopefully..): Im a G2 owner, and need a new front bumper cover. I was wondering if its possible to mount a JDM G3 bumper on a G2 (ie. OEM JDM, CWest, etc.).

if i could actually get it mounted, i would probably have to modify the 4 areas cirled in red above... also i would probably have to modify the hood and maybe relocate the latch.. im pretty good at bodywork though and the car is getting a respray so its a possibility

if you have any info, it would be appreciated

im brainstorming... dont hate

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
You would need new hood, new fenders, new core support, just to name a few... and ****load of custom fabrication .. They are completely different shapes and sizes ..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think you could modify the fenders (the both come straight across)

the hood... no modification needed, maybe just extend it down lower

the front end... i dont think the grill would work out but i bet i could take it off and fill the holes where it attatches

i already need a new core support, so id just weld a JDM G3 one onto the brackets for the G2 one

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, im thinking that might be the only thing different

hood latch location

core support (G2->JDMG3)

grill (custom)

assuming the widths are about the same G2/G3

can anyone go measure their G3 for me?

i need the measurements of hood width, overall width, and height of their bumper cover (OEM measurements please)

ive used G2 sideskirts on a G3 before, so with a little modification, this might work. (assuming most g2/g3 dimensions are similar that is)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey thats awesome man, im gonna measure mine tonight when i get out of work

im sure its not a dead on thing since the mouning points are obviously not at the corners ot the car, but its a start.. before i go and buy a jdm kit and have it not even close

thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
NtegraDryvr on Feb/04/06 said:
Theres a guy here in phoenix with a 2nd gen with 3rd gen jdm headlights and front.
id like to see it...try to get some pics...thatz one cool conversion!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.