Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so lm looking for some advise and or tips I can get, Im wanting to convert my 95 gsr from front wheel drive to all-wheel drive. Ive already gotten a civic wagovan that's awd to help with making it easy. If anyone knows anything PLEASE let me know.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
"easy" is one word that absolutely should not be used in this conversation.

it isn't really a DIY level thing unless you have lift, welding supplies and an amazing level skill and money to dump into it

you aren't going to find any "how to"'s or hand holding step by steps on this

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm 95% sure you need a manual CRV to do the conversion. The wage an has a single cam, the Trans won't work on your b series. The rear subframe from the EF is different, way more different from the CRV. Fuel tank and lines, rear knuckles, exhaust, drive shafts, etc. And it requires a lot of custom fab for mounting the subframe and all of the above. This is by far a hard task, that's why there are only a handful of conversions in the country.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me when I tell you I understand this by no means will be "easy" or "cheap" so please don't hold back Im prepared to dump money into this project. OK well its a good thing the wago van belongs to my friend so that's useless. So what would I need to pull off the CRV? what about the awd elements? or are those not as nice of a platform?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ditto on what Stephen and Nick have said. This is not a project for someone just getting into this, without the knowledge, tools, or skills to get it done. It does indeed require a manual CRV for a lot of the parts, as they used the B20 engine, which means that transmission will line up with our B series engines. You also need the transfer case and rear differential, and all of the custom fabrication mentioned, especially for the gas tank.

Plus, at the end of the day, the Honda RT-AWD system really isn't that great; It's hardly all-wheel drive honestly. I once considered doing this project myself, but after years of looking at how it all works, I've moved on. Even Honda once made an AWD (and supercharged) Integra as a test bed, but decided not to move forward with it.

Knowing all of that, if you still want to move forward with this... do a lot of research before you start. Good luck to you!

Reactions: DabGoblin41620

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not faint of heart towards this project in the least but definitely looking to do my due diligence. My next idea is since it requires so much fabrication in the first place, why not just fab up some true awd knuckels and trans box? idk just bouncing the idea.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Didn't the DB9 have AWD? I imagine the parts would be either expensive or hard to find or both. Plus I think it was SOHC smaller engine.
It did indeed have AWD, but it came with the ZC engine. Take a look at this thread from a guy in Russia who owns one. You may be able to gain some insight and ideas from his experiences.

Reactions: DabGoblin41620

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
It's been done a few times. A MT AWD CRV donor will be needed for the trans, driveshaft, rear diff, rear floor pan, rear subframe/suspension/arms/etc. You'll need to remount the fuel tank, fab a custom exhaust, fab custom arms, and all the little things I didn't mention.

It'll probably take a year of weekly work, and I'd guess, 3-4k on top of the donor CRV. You'll need a lift, a welder (MIG or TIG) and the knowledge to use it for structural welding on thin metal, a big box of tools, and patience.

I'm not saying don't do it. It'd be awesome to see it done. I'm saying estimate what you think it will take and then double it. Time, money, frustration, etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
There a few threads about this around the web, do a google search and you'll find them. Some are more in depth than others, but this will be quite an undertaking and will require a lot of work and know-how in order to complete.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my buddy did it on a crx, he used the gear from a civic wagon. but i think a crv setup is easier for a teg. I know there are OEM awd tegs but they only had the d series

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
my buddy did it on a crx, he used the gear from a civic wagon. but i think a crv setup is easier for a teg. I know there are OEM awd tegs but they only had the d series
They're also as rare as hens teeth, and were never brought to North America. I think they were unique to Europe/Russia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts