Team Integra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
eecyclone on Oct/14/07 said:
Instead of connecting pin 85 of the relay to the turn signal wire, connect it to the + headlight wire. This will do exactly what you want if I understand you correctly: Leave your DRL's on with lights off, turn on parking lights and DRL's remain on, turn on headlights DRL's turn off and lights work like stock.
yep that is correct. Also When I get a chance i'm going to test out dimmer switches on the relay to see if I can achieve the true DRL Brightness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wired mines a little differently, like from here
another DRL post
I didn't mind that it stayed on while my lights came on completly. I just makes my teggy different/unique. You can also put a switch to it or wire it to your fog switch if you have one... but obviously i don't have fog lights

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered some relays online, so when they get here I am going to test my circuit for making the high's in series for DRL and in parallel for the high beams. Then install them in my car and post up some pics of the difference in brightness between high beam and DRL. Hopefully they will get here soon.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
eecyclone on Oct/17/07 said:
I ordered some relays online, so when they get here I am going to test my circuit for making the high's in series for DRL and in parallel for the high beams. Then install them in my car and post up some pics of the difference in brightness between high beam and DRL. Hopefully they will get here soon.
yea I'll most likly be doing this mod to my other teg this weekend but instead wire it to my headlights.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
no!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
i do have a questions for you, shore96teg, though. you have the high beams powered directly off the ign 2 tap on the fuse panel, correct? that's supposed to be a 7.5A (no. 17) fuse and you have two high beams on that circuit pulling 10A total. that fuse also powers some climate control relay coils and the power mirror motor. how's that working out?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
silvertexasteg on Feb/12/08 said:
i do have a questions for you, shore96teg, though. you have the high beams powered directly off the ign 2 tap on the fuse panel, correct? that's supposed to be a 7.5A (no. 17) fuse and you have two high beams on that circuit pulling 10A total. that fuse also powers some climate control relay coils and the power mirror motor. how's that working out?

Actually that fusebox spot should be used to power a relay. I was also curious to this. I personally wouldnt want to run 2 80w bulbs off that power supply but itll probably do fine with a 10A fuse. Most of the wiring in the car is able to support 20Amps either way. Running the lights in series would be much better to reduce the light output but I cant possibly think of how the bulbs could be run in series without disconnecting their original function. The bulbs each need to be grounded for them to operate normally (with the high beam switch), and if you try to run them in series while leaving all of the stock wiring in place, the circuit will short out and the second bulb wont get lit, bringing you back to a parallel circuit.

·
Registered
456 Posts
shore96teg on Aug/17/06 said:
Quote: traderj on Aug/17/06What I ment was instead of having the highs be on, make my regular lights do that (parking and night driving). So that when I turn my car on they go on automacily but don't bing at me when I shut the car off and get out.

yeah you can do that. you dont even need a relay for that. Just hook the headlight positive and parking light positive wires up to the ignition. thats it. no relay required.
x2 yeah this is what i want maybe post a thing on how to do this

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
has anyone figured out how to get it set up so that the highbeam is on at 50% regardless if your headlights are on or not but go to 100% when you need them? reason i ask is because im gonna get some yellow bulbs for my highbeams soon and i want them to show up at night while my headlights are one but i dont wanna blind people

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
i got to thinking and would it work to just skip the parking light step, so that even with my headlights turned on the highbeams will stay on at 50% with a resistor then go to 100% when i need them?

·
Registered
806 Posts
ok so i was looking to tap into the light/turn signal stick on the steering wheel and make an external high beam switch so i can turn them on. or can you flick on the beams and make them stay on with out turning on the parking lights? has any one done this?

thanks
eddy

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I actually had mine trimmed and got pulled by a State POOPER and he didnt give it a second glance.

I think I will be doing the DRL's very soon. seems like cake. But I would guess you need one relay total or one for each side??

·
Registered
258 Posts
*** Removed by user at May 14 2009 5:28PM (Server Time) ***

Sorry to be kindof redundant, but if i was looking for a setup like this:

ignition on: nothing/stock
parking lights on: high beams on also
headlights on: back to stock

I should connect the headlight positive wire to pin 85 of the relay correct? This setup would allow the possibility of having no light on at all if wanted, rather than always having either high beam or headlight. only catch is that the parking lights would have to run along with the high beams, which I think would look good anyway.

This would also be a good option for what 97lsteggy wants I think. Also does anyone have a perfect solution for running the high beams at 50 percent power while retaining the stock capabilities?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts