Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Tegra17 on Aug/15/07 said:
I went on eBay and ordered one. I had it on my car 3 days later.

I LOVE the DRLs. I even wired one of the high beam wires into the relay to allow myself to turn the highs on when I need to use them.

Good write up shoreteg!
why would you need that. once the Parking lights come on the lighting system acts just like normal!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Tegra17 on Aug/16/07 said:
Not on mine it doesn't. I guess I did it wrong. Oh well.
that means there is not a 87a pin on your relay! If you get a relay that has a 30, 85, 86, 87, and 87a pin it will work much much better!!! Like stock. Like I said costed my $12 to get one but well worth the $$$!

·
Registered
38 Posts
did anyone ever figure out what needs to be done to dim the high beams to 50% or whatever factory DRL's are? I was thinking about buying a 100-150 watt resistor but don't know how many ohms it would need to be. I could probably figure it out if someone could tell me how much current the high beams draw.

Or is there an easier way to do this? If you have any ideas please post them cause I dont want to blind people with my bright drl's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also I was wondering if anyone ever forgets to turn on their lights when driving at night cause you already have the high beam on. I wouldn't think so cause it would be hard to see the gauges, but its a possibility?

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
95_se_ on Aug/16/07 said:
did the sir-g front ends have drl like build into the bumper lights???
no....the JDM SIR-G tegs had city lights if I am not mistaken and the Canadian Tegs used the high beams at 60% power. If you wanted, you could just buy the DRL module from a Canadian Honda dealer and install it....theres a place on our fuse box to fuse it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yeah we deffinately need to figure out how to ruduce the light output significantly... after we figure out how to do that i will do this to my teg as well. But i want to controll it with a standerd switch so if i need to come in late at the house my mom won't wake up, lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
the way i did mine was to get 194 sockets, splice them into the corner lights, and stuff the new socket into the high beams. i might have voltage problems down the road, but lookin sexy is too hard to resist. later on ill do it the legit way and drill a hole in the headlights so i can use high beams also.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The solution is so easy you'll hit yourself in the head for not thinking about it yourself---Run the bulb in series. No resistors required. I'll let you guys figure out how to wire that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
fyberoptik on Oct/13/07 said:
The solution is so easy you'll hit yourself in the head for not thinking about it yourself---Run the bulb in series. No resistors required. I'll let you guys figure out how to wire that.

Touche my friend. That should achieve about the 50% brightness I was looking for, and no additional parts needed. Thank you very much I will probably do this later today/this week. Haha, that simple....I should have thought of that myself.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I happen to have some relays laying around...the 4 pin and 5 pin. none have 87a pin but it does have the 87 pin. Would i be able to utilize these relays for this same mod or i need the 87a? (trying to save some $$$) =)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
lol why do you guys want DRL? the funny thing is here in Canada ppl think its cool to disconnect our DRL meantime you guys want DRL.. go fig haha

·
Registered
982 Posts
want to give me your DRL =p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is there a way to wire the high beams in series for DRL's and then back in parallel when you turn on your lights or your high beams? I think i found out a way to do it, but it uses 2 spdt relays and 2 diodes. This way you could have the dimmer DRL's and still a brighter high beam. If I post the circuit, could someone look it over/make it simpler? or is there a much easier circuit that I could use?

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
how would i make it so that if i turn my parking lights on the highbeams stay on but if i turn my head lights on it turns off the high beams and goes back to stock

·
Registered
38 Posts
Instead of connecting pin 85 of the relay to the turn signal wire, connect it to the + headlight wire. This will do exactly what you want if I understand you correctly: Leave your DRL's on with lights off, turn on parking lights and DRL's remain on, turn on headlights DRL's turn off and lights work like stock.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts