Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into an accident a week ago and i need to replace the front bumper and driver side fender. Id like to do this myslef is possilbe but i dont want to run into any serious issues. and if I can do this myself, whats a good site for me to buy a new bumper and fender for a 96 2 door. thanks.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
yes you can do it yourself, but you may have to go to a shop if u want it to get painted professionally. but if you like the look of the 98+ front end, now is your chance.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
assuming there is no other damage we have articles that could help to guide you thru at least the bumper...the fender i know there is a thread or two around about what bolts to remove and so forth...

keep in mind tho that a 1996 car is going to have faded paint and ideally a body shop should install the new parts so that the paint can be blended into the door on one side and the other fender on the other

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea it isnt too bad just a fender bender, just making sure that its not gonna be too difficult to change the fender and just get it all sanded down nice. i also gotta find a site to order this stuff from too if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
dont buy a new bumper/fender. if you let a shop buy them they'll get new aftermarket oem-fit parts which are expensive. go to a junkyard or something to get body parts

but ya...search on here to find out how to do the bolt on/bolt off

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i was thinking about the 98 and up, but i cant afford the headlights also, but yea i do plan on doing it myself and saving on labor, and putting the bulk of my money towards the paint job. i need a site really bad though and where to get the parts from if anyone knows. thanks for the replys so far.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
it takes me about 25-30 minutes to R&R the front bumper and fenders. I have done it more times than I can count, but it is quite easy. Be patient and you won't damage anything extra.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks soo much for the replys guys, im most likly gonna do it myself now to save a litltte money, and i get enjoyment out of working on my car. all i need now are suggestions on where to get these parts from. thanks again.

·
Registered
292 Posts
http://car-part.com/

try there. their site is broken down well. a buddy of mine was looking for a tranny for a supra and the site broke down all the options needed for getting the right one. site also has a key to make sure you get good parts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
dude, the fender is a breeze man, pop the hood and there's like 4 bolts, and open the door and there's 2 or 3, they are 10 or 12 mm... and have a universal ready for the ones inside the door jam, shouldn't take you more than 5 mins to get the fender off

·
Registered
218 Posts
watch ebay. you might get lucky and find a front bumper or fender. when i got into an accident my passenger fender got crushed. i went on ebay the day after and found and oem fender painted in my colour and picked it up for a decent price. then ill i had to do was unbolt the old one and bolt up the new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.