Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check it out. i start the car the other day. start scraping windows and the car drops idle slowly and then just dies. i get in turn the key. nothing. it turns over but nothing. so because i just got the car back 2 days earlier after having the timing belt, water pump replaced and having the head rebuilt, i figured that the belt snapped again. so i pop off the oil filler cap and peer inside while someone cranked it over. everything is turning. so i popped off the distrib cap to see if the rotor is turning. it is. i just happened to have a spare ICM and Coil just sitting around (dont ask why) so i swap both of em. still nothing. so i change caps. nothing. then rotor. nothing. so i started checking for power flowage. kinda ass-backwards i know. but this is what i found out. i have spark coming from the coil. believe me on that one :) but no spark from the distributor cap to the wires. i already went through 2 caps. what in the heck am i overlooking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hate to bring this back from January.... but did you figure out what the problem was (I kinda assume you did)?
check it out. i start the car the other day. start scraping windows and the car drops idle slowly and then just dies. i get in turn the key. nothing. it turns over but nothing. so because i just got the car back 2 days earlier after having the timing belt, water pump replaced and having the head rebuilt, i figured that the belt snapped again. so i pop off the oil filler cap and peer inside while someone cranked it over. everything is turning. so i popped off the distrib cap to see if the rotor is turning. it is. i just happened to have a spare ICM and Coil just sitting around (dont ask why) so i swap both of em. still nothing. so i change caps. nothing. then rotor. nothing. so i started checking for power flowage. kinda ass-backwards i know. but this is what i found out. i have spark coming from the coil. believe me on that one :) but no spark from the distributor cap to the wires. i already went through 2 caps. what in the heck am i overlooking.
Would like to know what you found out having a similar issue

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
Would like to know what you found out having a similar issue
You may not find out, since this thread is from 2003 (16yrs ago), and the OP hasn't logged in since 2008

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
jjkz24
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing