Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, I already got a new O-ring seal but I think that my problem is the smaller seal behind the O-ring.
My problem is the .......... "wonderful" employee at the dealership said that I cant buy that seal anywhere. -_-
So if anybody has one (hopefully new) or has a part number or even an old blown out dizzy that would like to help me out< we would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You.
-cam

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
If you are positive the O-Ring you purchased is the current PN, I would try to source a replacement distributor. If you have a good friend you could try to borrow one. Otherwise purchasing a used unit online or Distributor King unit is your next best bet. If you pursue a DK unit I would replace the internals with OEM pieces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you can fix this a little cheaper

I'd check your local auto parts/hardware/big box hardware/plumbing/gardening stores for suitable o-rings that might do the trick.
This would be a far cheaper option than a used/new/aftermarket distributor.
If you find a ring that works install it and go from there. Just remember that it is good policy (depending on your gasket material) to replace the valve cover gasket when removing/reinstalling it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts