Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all. I have a 96 Integra that I am flipping, drug seizure, not a bad ride fired right up with just a jump after sitting for 4 years. The brakes are out and judging by the puddle of new fluid I added pouring out midcar the rear line or lines are rusted out, I guess a pretty common thing on Acuras and Hondas. I really do not want to deal with it and will pass the issue to the future buyer. Is there anyway to disconnect the 2 rear brakes so it can be driven, and yes I will tell them about the issue, I'm not that kind of flipper, just want to get it driveable. Thanks all

·
Administrator
3,653 Posts
Not easily. Putting the time/effort into doing it, and you might as well just replace the line(s) that's leaking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I looked at the brake line schematics it look like it was one place where it's split to both rear and both front, can't tell where that is but if I disconnected the two rear at that point and capped it with a bolt at the connection so it would only be feeding fluid to the front, does that make sense I just need to find where that is looks like it might be behind the firewall

·
Administrator
3,653 Posts
What exactly is the purpose here? You're flipping a vehicle, and want the rear brakes disconnected so that "it can be driven". In reality, it can't (and shouldn't) be driven, for any reason. If you're adamant on selling "as is", simply state that the brake lines are broke, and the vehicle can't be driven. Besides, even if the rear brakes could be easily disconnected, what other unsafe issues will arise? Simply put, you're putting too much time into something that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
What exactly is the purpose here? You're flipping a vehicle, and want the rear brakes disconnected so that "it can be driven". In reality, it can't (and shouldn't) be driven, for any reason. If you're adamant on selling "as is", simply state that the brake lines are broke, and the vehicle can't be driven. Besides, even if the rear brakes could be easily disconnected, what other unsafe issues will arise? Simply put, you're putting too much time into something that shouldn't be.
^^^WHAT HE SAID. Jeebus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts