Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought Arospeed drilled & slotted rotors. Does anyone know which direction the slotted should face, like to the front of the car or back?
please help me out!
Can you use excisting brake pads (since they are pretty new) or still replace them?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Just to clarify, slotted rotors are meant to collect excess gasses built up from the brake pad and push them out away from the rotor as it spins.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
are Arospeed rotors even reliable? i wanted some x-drilled/slotted rotors but i was looking at wilwood and AEM and Brembo...if i can save money for performance then way cool.

Josh, what do you think?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I'm sure they work, as in won't fall apart as you're driving. But I wouldn't imagine they would outperform the stock brakes if that's what you're asking. Initial bit may be improved with the more aggressive cross-drilled surface and may be okay for street but I would never trust those on a track.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yea i'm thinking under heavy braking and all the heat produced those Arospeed rotors will crack. i've heard some horror stories about these types of company's "performance" rotors cracking and requiring replacement.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The important thing to remember is the cross-drilled/slotted rotors weren't designed to provide "stronger" braking they were designed for "longer" braking. There is an illusion with x-drilled rotors of better braking because of initial bite but otherwise you're stopping the car the same or even worse than stock sometimes.

What's funny is that these cheap companies make x-drilled/slotted rotors which were originally designed to provide longer braking with less heat build-up yet the quality of the rotor is so bad that it will just begin to crack anyway.

If you want to actually stop the car quicker, larger rotors and/or larger/stronger calipers are what's going to do it. The Type R came with bigger brakes for a reason.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
"The Type R came with bigger brakes for a reason"

shame they use 5 lugs!!

like you said bigger is better...so i'll just save up for that AEM big-brake kit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you so much, SurferX, I am very happy with them, I have the front ones for 2 months now, and I just finish installing the rear ones today.I see it like this, I went forward with the brakes, I am mcuh better off with them than the stock ones, they are the same size, but the main thing here is the cooling of these disk and the removal of the dust.I have to say that now the cars stops when I want to, and not like before, Also I am aware that Brembo is mcuh better, but I don't look forward to invest that much.Here in the carribean we have a lot of cars with arospeed disks and I have to say this , no problems so far, also keep in mind that we have a tropical weather all year on. So all those guys talking about not trusting Arospeed, take a hike!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Bigger is better, right? better braking distance anyway...Well I am looking at getting the AEM big brake kit, doing this, will the stock front rotor fit on the rear?(giving me a bigger rotor in the back) Just a thought, save me money...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aight man, nice meeting you, I don't think what you wanna do is possible. Hey my car has verdict 17 too but silver.He can you help me out to put my car pics on this web like you have or just in the pic forum!
Aight later man.
He what's your best 1/4 mile with the setup your car has?
aight man later, send me you email I can send you mine car pics than!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts