Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if i adjusted my timing and sprayed a direct port 70 shot on my 99 ls if i would have any problems? I will spray on only special occasions also. I am thinking about buying the kit with it built into the manifold take a look below and let me know your guys input on if I will be ok with just intake header exahust and msd ingnition external coil and wires

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i would say that it would be ok. 70 is probably the limit for dry shot, but that looks like a wet setup, so you don't have to worry about any leaning out problems. and with that, you can upgrade to more later if you do anymore work to your car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It would help you out if you picked up some colder plugs and maybe kicked your timing back a bit, although depending upon what type of MSD ignition you get that might already be taken care of. My artilces on nitrous should help you out too.
....click me!!...and me!!!!

I will say this though...since you have an LS and not a GSR, you have picked the perfect nitrous set-up for power...direct port!! once you install that DP set-up you be sure to come back here and let me know what you were thinking the first time you sprayed it. You should be in for a treat!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot I was going to pick up different plugs too I got the 6al ignition so I will have to set my timing back. But you think that is a pretty good set up though? What am I looking at money wise to have someone install that do you think?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid 150 for the box i think 50 for the cap 55 for the coils and i think 75 for the wires that is a rough estimate

·
Registered
743 Posts
I Have the same ignition, and i love it. Have you installed it yet(the msd stuff?).

About the nitrous,it looks like the perfect setup,and if i was you i would hog out the intake before you install it so you dont have any down time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the Skunk2 manifold have a fall back with making anything else go bad? I heard you will need to valve springsa and all that mess. Is this true?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts