Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering. is it really needed to have the dimmer wire for the radio hooked up. I dont like how it dims down when the headlgihts are turned on, I would prefer it to be full brightness all the time. Can I just not wire that wire to the harness and leave it as is. thanks.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
cheezthis on Sep/08/02 said:
You don't have to connect it. I connected mine because I like dimmer function. Not sure about your deck, but with mine, I can turn on off the dimmer function without disconnecting the wire.
same here... my deck has it connected but it's dosent actually dim it or do anything for that matter.

just make sure you cut the end of the dimmer wire and wrap it with electrical tape so it dosent flop onto a piece of metal and fry your electrial system!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm installing a cd player I got from a buddy. My question is, can I connect the dimmer wire with the illumination wire so I'm still able to dim it, and it dims when I turn my lights on? C\ on the harness I bought from best buy it has a wire for illumination and I wire for dimmer. Just wondering.

·
Registered
487 Posts
not with the factory wiring. the factory radio has no provision for dimming along with the dash lights, so the aftermarket radio will not either. you *might* be able to wire it into your dimmer if you'd like, and that might work if you connect the illumination wire of the stereo harness to the output of the dimmer switch (similar to the dash lights), but i don't know if that would over load the dimmer's controller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts