Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a b18c1 and have the opportunity to get my hands on a b16 head and i was told by a friend there is a horsepower increase if you put the b16 head on the b18 block is this true is it worth the swap or is it better just to change cams and vavles and so on????

any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you
jarrod
98 ssb gsr

·
Registered
218 Posts
a gsr head flows better than a si. B18B block is good with a b16 head i.e lsvtec but a gsr engine produces more hp and torque so why would you want to change the head from a gsr to a b16, you would not gain anything, you'd lose hp if any. Just do itr cams and valves etc and you'll be set.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
You'd lose some compression if you swap out your GSR head for an Si head (GSR head has smaller combustion chamber, thus having higher compression).

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
robertsteg on Feb/10/06 said:
a gsr head flows better than a si. B18B block is good with a b16 head i.e lsvtec but a gsr engine produces more hp and torque so why would you want to change the head from a gsr to a b16, you would not gain anything, you'd lose hp if any. Just do itr cams and valves etc and you'll be set.
a little mis-info here. the b16 head is a pr3 head. so is the b18c5 head and the b17 head. all 3 of those are pr3 stamps. the c5 head is factory pnp'ed from Honda, which is why it is on the type r.

the gsr head is stamped a p72. this is a head that will have a possible better flow potential in a FI setup. so, there is no point in changing heads. if u do change heads, you will have what Honda-Tech calls the "poor man's type r motor."

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
pubestripe on Feb/10/06 said:
a little mis-info here. the b16 head is a pr3 head. so is the b18c5 head and the b17 head. all 3 of those are pr3 stamps. the c5 head is factory pnp'ed from Honda, which is why it is on the type r.

.... if u do change heads, you will have what Honda-Tech calls the "poor man's type r motor."
This I did not know.. I guess you learn something new everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.