Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like im gonna do the swap on my teg pretty soon... been on hmotorsonline, looking at the complete type r swaps the 96-97 motor runs like 3900 bills, and the 98 spec runs at 4500 bills, now on the next page theres another type r swap link and the prices are different they run 4300 for the 96-97 and 4900 for the 98 spec... my question is do yall think its the miles on the motors that make the prices jump on em... oh and i cant find any good websites that really explain the main difference between the reg type r motors and the "98 spec r motor" dont wanna sound like an idiot but i just wanna get some knowledge in me about all this stuff that way i know what i have, what im getting myself into and just if its really worth all the trouble... LOL so thanks in advance and please hook me up with all the knowledge!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
As far as i'm aware the difference between the 96-Spec B18C and 98-Spec B18C is the 98 has a tubular exhaust manifold which i'm sure you know is very popular and has an often imitated design throughout our industry. The 96-Spec trans has a 4.4 Final drive whereas the 98 has a 4.7 Hope that helped, and if I missed anything hopefully someone else can help out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks guys... what would yall go with? better final drive more money? or cheaper almost the same motor better price option??? hhhmm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.