Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my mom ends up buying a new car and the sales guy trys to push this Diamond Kote rustproofing stuff on her. for something shy of 600$, she gets it done and has a full 10 year warranty on the car. i'm thinkin' whatever, why not just oil-guard the car.

any thoughts?

cin

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Thats the biggest car salesman scam of all time, sorry I belive she got ripped,(ever seen the seinfeld?) also you can get it done for much cheaper than that 300 around these parts I belive. I have this book called beat the car salesman it talks all about this rust proofing and other tricks they try on you, what kind of car btw?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
600cdn.. so like 350us? still rip. give me 50bucks and i woulda bought a few cans of rubber underspray from pepboys and sprayed it on myself. i think the dealer only sprays the bottom of the car and fender wells to fight snow and salt kicked up. so what about the rest of the car? the hood, body panels, inside skin? nope. which means teh car is far from rustproof. if youre in an area like the west coast, the car wouldnt have rusted in 10 years anyways. if youre in a salty east coast climate, i doubt itd be covered. sorry man, she got bent over and ripped a new one

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Yeah, alot of the dealer options are scams

The rustproofing is often 10 times the cost of labor and supplies.

The interior proofing, is $25 worth of detailing supplies, and they charge $100 or more. (Mostly scotch guard, vinyl dressing, and leather conditioner).

The "sealant coat", which is supposed to last two years (yeah right) is often some gimmicy teflon, or at best a acrylic sealant that you could buy for a tenth of the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts