Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my little teg about 3 months ago, and being it's age it had some tiny dents that came with the age of the car, small ones on the doors and little bit bigger one on the roof, anyone know of any tools I can get to pop these out myself?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) is a skill akin to paint touch up and wetsandint. Its not something that the average joe can pull off without several hundred, if not thousand, dollars in equipment. Its something that I've been looking into getting involved in and the investment in something like that is huge. If you want to risk pulling a chunk of paint off your car then go for it. Personally, I'd rather go to a body shop and pay them to pull them out for me. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many things can go wrong when you try doing that kind of stuff. I've seen some horribly botched DIY jobs on PDR.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I've had a back fender kicked in before. I took the car to a body shop and they said it would have to be taken off pounded out and painted. So I called up a paintless repair place, they came to my house(thats how they work) and didn't think it'd come out but they were able to pull it out until it wasnt very noticable,and then I took off the back light and they went into the fender and rubbed the rest out to the point you can't even tell anymore, if you sit and watch its not as easy as you'd think.

I'd check your phonebook for dentless repair services and they'll help you out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Today, I drove to my friend's house, and when i got out of the car, I was SHOCKED!...There was a big dent/ding...(too big to be called a ding, but not so big as to be a dent), but very noticable, maybe half the size of your palm..Anyways, it's on my front left fender and I probably got it last night since I parked in some really tight spaces, and I didnt notice it when I was washing it yesterday afternoon either..(trust me, I would of spotted it from a mile away). I can't stand to look at it rightnow, it ruins the whole line of the car...Does anyone know a good Paintless Dent Removal shop around the Orange County or surrounding area you can refer at a reasonable price?? It's really pissing me off, and I want to pop that sucker out asap..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts