Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off i bought my car with lots of dents and scratches (dumb). second I want to know what is the best/cheapest way of fixing them, pulling or filling. Also i want to know a aproximate price of ridding myself of the side moldings and getting them shaved. If i were to do this would i also need a new paint job for the moldings, because if i do i am just going to have the whole thing re-painted championship white, black, or blue(cant decide). Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Are you asking our opinion on what you should get done proffessionally, or do you want to know how to do it yourself?

If it's the latter, my only advice is - unless you've done a lot of bodywork, don't even attempt this. Or read a book on it, because you can't cover this sort of thing in a thread.

Pulling or filling the dent depends on how large they are and how severe the crease is. You may end up having to pull AND fill.

If you shave your side moldings, then you will want your whole car painted or it will look like crap.
You may want to consider just painting your side moldings to match.

Otherwise, if you're set on getting rid of all the scratches, dents and side mouldings, then the only reasonable thing to do is get your whole car painted.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Take your car to a body shop and get an estimate. You definatly don't want to practice this kind of thing on your own car. It can cost anywhere from 25 bucks to 100 bucks to pull a dent or ding. It depends on how many you have and if the shop will cut you a deal. I know people that have had half a dozen dents pulled out of one side of their car and they only paid $120 for it. Definatly go to a shop first and get an estimate. There is no easy way to 'do it yourself'. Paintless dent removal systems cost thousands of dollars. I looked into getting into the business earlier this year. Its a very profitable market. There are a couple mobile servies that may be able to help. M.A.R.S. comes to mind. Try them. Check them out in the phone book or go to MARS International and see if they have someone local to you.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
omega look up zing-a-ding in the phone book,its a paging system. Page the first guy on the list and he'll call you back. Dentless paint removal, they come out to your house, I've already used them a couple of times

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
i heard something called dent pro not sure if there is one anywhere else beside ca all they do is dents no painting u can have them come over too your house and do it there are bring it too one of there shops I'm not sure if is any good thou

·
Registered
216 Posts
the ding king DOES NOT WORK.... its actually really retarded.... if you see billy haze on the street punch him! If you watch the infomercial closely, you'll see how they cut the scene in a couple of places. First you'll see him putting on the glue and putting it in place, cut, then the suction cups on the side, and this is the cut that is the most important, just before the put on the twist thing, they move the whole assembly to another part of the car where there isnt a ding. You'll see the pannel buckle a bit because of the force he puts on the device, and also because the device actually lifts the pannel (which is what its supposed to do... but its not enough force). But just look closely at the cut before and after he puts on the twist handle.

friggn liars..... hehehe...

well what i've actually seen professional body shops do is take out the pannel (read the articles.. you should be able to find one) then use a blow dryer... i think a heat gun would be TOO how, then heat the area to soften it, and gently pop out the dents. My friend was in a front end collision... about 20MPH in his fathers new civic.... he would've gotten killed if my other friend didnt help him do the whole blow dryer thing. In the end there were only scratches, and his dad assumed it was a bad paralell parking job on someone elsese part.... try it guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts