Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2001 GSR from a subaru dealership that was pre-owned... well it was very nice... untill the clutch went out.. so they cut me a break and tell me I buy the clutch and they wont charge labor since it was only a week and it went out (I dont trash my car) So I went and bought a clutch... they put it in and then call me saying that its like engaged all the time.. so now they tell me its the wrong clutch...Before I bought it I went to Acura and asked if there is a difference between the LS RS and GSR model for the clutch. They said its all the same part number.. only one different is the Type R. I tell them that... and then they tell me "Maybe" its the Flywheel.. But why would the fly wheel work with the clutch before and now it wont? Also I know I had a bad synco... in 3rd gear... no all the way but I could down shift to 3rd. So I am basically stuck with no Teggy for ... untill they find out whats going on with my car. I feel like buying a helms and throwing it at them! Heh.. i would do it my self but I have no lifts and no time for it as I work about 14 hour days and drive a hour to and from work... any suggestions or comments? I would appreciate it everyone thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
kind sounds like what happened on my friends miata. when he reinstalled the transmission the imput shaft wasnt properly aligned to the clutch disc and it froze to the teath on the disc (i hope im saying tis right) i remember it becuase the mechanic didnt think he did anything wrong. but the clutch was diffidently always engaged.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If they keep f-ing with you then return it. The transmission is obviously not in great condition, any used car from a major dealership should still be in prime condition.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant return the car... I looked into the contract.... and... florida doesnt have lemon laws on preowned cars. So I donno what to do. It being a Acura and a 2001 I thought it would be ok and break down free till a year or so! So i donno... I never got to talk to the mechanic,... io am about to walkinto the garage. I have only talked to the service guy inside.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
wiseguy2213 on Jan/24/06 said:
^^^
Your sig says that you got a teg for sale...you really don't need to thread jack.

im not trying to hi-jack his thread, im just giving him another option. it was a joke, we all know hes not going to buy it anyways. relax guy

Quote: Task on Jan/24/06 I cant return the car... I looked into the contract.... and... florida doesnt have lemon laws on preowned cars. So I donno what to do. It being a Acura and a 2001 I thought it would be ok and break down free till a year or so! So i donno... I never got to talk to the mechanic,... io am about to walkinto the garage. I have only talked to the service guy inside.
I thought there was a "return window" that if you werent satisfied with the car, then you could return it no ??'s asked. Or is that only for new cars?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Seeing as how he's at Subaru, he might not be a certified Honda tech, so he might not know what he's doing.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
For the most part.... A GOOD technician knows basically how everything works...

These integras/92-95 civics are quite possibly the most simple cars out there as far as mechanical work goes.

You dont really have any options seeing that you bought the car from them, and already signed away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
wiseguy2213 on Jan/24/06 said:
^^^
Your sig says that you got a teg for sale...you really don't need to thread jack.
New term..?
Dont know if they said it, but i'd just get mah money back, got a lemon as they call it in carfax, you can get a GSR like you can find a neon, i see about 15 of them a month in the paper for sell... G/L on tha car mang

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Jake1220 on Jan/24/06 said:
If they keep f-ing with you then return it. The transmission is obviously not in great condition, any used car from a major dealership should still be in prime condition.
especially one thats only like 5 years ols

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
get it to a local honda or acura dealership and let em do the job right. once it's done properly you shouldnt have any problems. option 2 is finding a good honda/acura mechanic outside of the dealership. option 3 is getting a clutch kit for your car off prostreetonline or something here, and getting a couple of buddies together, looking at the article on changing a clutch(also on here) and doing it yourself on a saturday. good luck.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
khemikale on Jan/24/06 said:
Quote: geeZus on Jan/24/06So you bought this car and didn't get a warranty? Who buys a car from a dealership and doesn't get a warranty?

people who buy cars "As Is"
you gotta at least get the 30 day powertrain warranty (if not a 90 day)... if they don't offer you that then chances are the know something is up with a car. The transfer case on my Bravada cracked on day 2 of my warranty... never buy a used car from a dealership without a warranty. The warranty is the reason you should pay more than a private party.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.