Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get a timing belt changed on my car today, and when i arrived to pick it up with my girlfriend, they told me there was an accident and my windshield was cracked. they told me they ordered a new one and are going to get it fixed for me. First think that came to my mind was "yes a new windshield, because the current one isn't in the best shape". my girlfriend though i should have been upset that they mishandled my car. now they are fixing it, and giving me a car to drive around for the day.

what do you guys think of the situation?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yes, I'm failing to see the problem here. They admitted that they had an ACCIDENT...they didn't do it on purpose, not like they keyed it or something then didn't accept responsibility...You got a new windshield out of it, be happy

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd be a little scared if my dealer was irresponsible enough for an accident like that to happen, but other than that, it's all good.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't have a problem with it at all. they were very professional about it. i got a 20 dollar gift certificate towards my next servicing, so that almost pays for an oil change.

plus, i'm interested to see what car they give me. i assume an 1.6/1.7 EL or an RSX.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Change your own oil homey

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i suppose i could. its not too tough, but they do such a nice job. they top off all the fluids, and they wash the car for me.

only pet peeve is that they play with the stereo.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I wouldn't want anyone washing my car besides me. They could put all kinda swirl marks in it and crap. If some crackhead who works there hates his job, do you think he's going to change your oil or take a dump in your backseat?

·
Super Moderator
14,181 Posts
stuff happens sometimes.

NOBODY has a job where they never make a mistake. Some just cost more or do more damage then others.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you guys think they will give me an RSX for the day? or do you think i'll be stuck with an EL? not that an EL is bad, but i wanted to keep it in the family.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Was that the only thing that was damaged? If so, they are doing things the right way.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I had a Jeep before my Teg. The dealership was basically responsible for the engine blowing on me. In the process of "not" fixing my Jeep, they managed to put a huge crack in my windshield. They refused to pay for it and denied responsibility. Eventually they paid for half out of "good will." But I was still out $150 for their mistake. Count yourself lucky, bro.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i've been a really good customer to them, so they treat me well. they know i will always come back. i don't mind paying a little bit more the professionalism.

·
Registered
685 Posts
cloud rev....how's it going...That is nice, you get a new windshield...they are good at the dealership, they know be on a first name basis-I get most of my parts from them...I just started doing most of my stuff...I am bringing in my new car(94 gsr) on thursday to get it's timing belt done also(that reminds me, I should get them to advance my timing :)
Any car you get from them will be a good one...that is cool...what happens if they give you a 5spd :)
I sold my car to my chick:::bling, bling and all!

ICQ me bro123377971

look for the black gsr with my plates!
SPACEBOY

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They're taking good care of you. Don't take advantage; what goes around comes around....
Appreciate the fact that you're not get boned.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yeah i wouldnt have a problem with the dealership if thats the way the handled it either. i mean mistakes do happen right?? i can just see me being the mechanic on that car with a wrench in my hand and tripping over my own feet and tossin the wrench up in the air and seein it crash right on down on the windshield. accidents do happen, and alot of them are completly out of everyones control. BTW when i took my car in to get some warrenty work, (Even though the bastards just said there was nothing wrong and i would have to take it in later) they gave me an RSX as a loaner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts