Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the standard Acura keyless entry system, it is tied into a simple alarm but I don't know if this was put in from Acura or aftermarket (i bought the car used, 1997 Integra GS Hatchback). Anyways, when I bought the car I got two remotes, both of which didn't have batteries in them. So I put a battery in one and used that for a month or so before I finally put a battery in the other one. When I put the battery in the red transmit light just stayed on constantly and the remote didn't work; surprisingly enough. I tried cleaning the battery contacts and replacing the battery but it still had the same problem. Well I didn't think much of it since I had one working remote and didn't really have any need for another. Well of course now my working remote has started doing this. First it just didn't work half the time (like if I didn't use it for a couple hours, and then went to unlock the 'teg it wouldn't respond for awhile, and then randomly would work again) and then finally it just went into the state it is now. Oddly enough it started working again fine for about 3 hours earlier today, but now it's broken again. I really have no idea what's going on, but since it happened to BOTH of my remotes I’m thinking it's not an isolated case. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and btw - the remotes were never dropped/washed/kicked/saton/ranover/eaten/shot while they were in my possession, but of course i have no idea what the previous owner did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i'm assuming it's on the sending end since the remotes transmit light is just staying on constantly, whereas normally it only lights up when you press a button. I didn't think that the reciever would cause a problem like that but I don't know, I have no experience with this stuff.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
but...

back on topic...

what brand of "remote" is it, you mabyee able to go on ebay and get a new transmitter for a couple of dollars....

get us some more information and we would be able to help you better...

for a new viper "system" you could be looking at upwards of 2-300 installed depending on how complicated you get...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I have the standard Acura keyless entry system, it is tied into a simple alarm but I don't know if this was put in from Acura or aftermarket (i bought the car used, 1997 Integra GS Hatchback).

so it says acura on it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it says Acura on the front and back. There's a serial number on the back along with some patent numbers and whatnot - then on the front there's one lock button, one unlock button, an option button (that never did anything as far as i can tell) and a panic button (which also didn't seem to work).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts