Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i blow the block on my 96 gs-r, and cant afford a new gs-r moter. so i want to put an ls block in their and put my gs-r head on it. will that work?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
just FYI It'll cost a bit and require a lot of work on your part.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tha cheapest gs-r engine that i could find was in texas selling for $2300, 100,000+ miles on it, and i had to go get it my self (to see wat kind of condition its in). im buying an ls engine for $350, 83,000 miles on it, and im paying a dealer to instal it and convert it for $500. big diffrence for me. i guess i wasnt spasifik enough about my Q: will i have problems with the trany?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, 500 dollars for an LS/vtec huh? That sounds a bit cheap, I'm not so sure I would pay someone 500 bucks for something that they know nothing about, and it's obvious that mechanic knows nothing...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are you guys sure $500 isn't reasonable, considering he will be bringing in the head and the engine? Aren't you guys thinking of the usual cost, including head?

Ben

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Great idea ichishima-- then go to jail for fraud and look out the cell window just to look at your new baby-- maybe they'll let you drive it when you get out....

·
Registered
185 Posts
500 dollars for an LS/VTEC just sounds too good to be true. And things that sound too good to be true, usually are.

There is MUCH more than just slapping a head on there, like I said, it sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing and when you're doing an LS/VTEC conversion you want someone with experience. It is not an easy thing to do, take it to someone who has done it before and who has done it SUCCESSFULLY.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
$500 dollars for an LS/VTEC? Hey, I'll do you're LS/VTEC for $100, and I bet I have the same experience of building one he does.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ask him if he has done one before and go from there and make sure u get the head studs from arp or anyother company that make after market one that would hold really good ihad problems when i did that and doing the ls vtec is not hard i saw my mec/friend doing it so many times and i havent had anymore problem with it i have a gsr water pump with the timing belt from gsr because i have a gsr water pump and the tranny u wont have any problem with it. any more question just ask.

·
Registered
480 Posts
just slap it together, yo

(snicker)

no, really! re-engineering a honda engine is no
big deal they are like legos dude!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
$500 is a resonable price at the dealer. I've seen prices that run for $700+ here in CA.

Why don't you just keep the LS engine and bolt it up to your GSR tranny? The shorter gearing will definately help out the B18b's high end which it doesn't have.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
basicly im paying $400 for the ls block to be put in. and $100 for the ls/vtec conversion. i could do it my self, but i dont have the time. doing the conversion is so easy its not funny. all you have to do is, rerout the oil and plug in the vtec, slap on the timing belt and gs-r bolts, and of you go. i dont know why you guys making so big a deal about it! the hardest part is the block.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts