Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I remove the tube going from the valve cover to the intake manifold? I think its called a de-icer. Since it doesnt snow here, can i just remove the tube and just leave it like that or do I need to do something to the manifold after I remove the tube? I want to remove the de-icer completely because I heard it heats the air going in the intake manifold wich is not good. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The tube going from the valve cover to the intake manifold is part of the PCV system. The throttle body de-icer is coolant that runs through the throttle body and the idle air valve. These two circuits both run briefly through metal tubes that are joined together. Eliminating the throttle body de-icer won't give major gains, it just lowers the intake temperature slightly. Some cars also have the fast idle thermovalve in the de-icer circuit. Some older 3rd generation GSR's have this valve, newer one's don't. I can't say exactly which cars have the thermovalve. If you aren't comfortable working on your car and don't understand what this circuit does, I don't recommend messing with it. I suggest looking at the Helms manual for a better understanding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts