Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so one day I woke up and tried to go to work. Started my car but couldn’t put it into gear. So I bought new space and master cylinder. And drained the fluid and when I did lost all pressure which I expected and I put the parts on and fluid in the reservoir but I can’t get it to bleed at all. No pressure what so ever and pedal sticks to floor. Idk if I need a vacuum pump to push it through or if I’m doing it wrong but I don’t think that’s it. I have a friend pumping the clutch but nothing will move through. And when he pumps the clutch the slave cylinder doesn’t move at all anymore. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh and I’m supposed to be using DOT 3 Brake fluid right or is there a special type of dot 3 for the clutch

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Did you put the slave in correctly? Making sure the ball is seated in? When you put the new CMC did you install everything correct with the pins? Adjust the clutch play?
I just bled mines. I open the bleeder valve and let it gravity bleed. Kept an eye on the reservoir and filled it back up as it went down. If your pumping and it stays down lift it up. It’s not like bleeding brakes. The fluid will go through it really fast.

DIY Clutch Pedal Adjustment

How to adjust your clutch pedal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took it all out and put it back in. All the pins are in there. And I do pick it up from the floor and just keep trying to pump it. But Nothing happens. Fluid doesn’t move. Doesn’t build pressure. And It’s just frustrating me so much. I’ve been all over YouTube and can’t figure this thing out. Either I’m a dumbass. Or I got something else going on

·
Registered
74 Posts
On a fresh master & slave, after install I always open the bleeder on the slave and pump it until fluid comes out. Then do the standard bleeding procedure.

If it still isn't building pressure, then the part/s are defective. Warranty that stuff.

There is no secret to this procedure. However, unless you have OEM parts, aftermarket clutch hydraulic parts always seem to be hit or miss. In my opinion. With these cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts