Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved in the mail my new-used headers. Can't wait to get them on! I see that there are a few markings which are no big deal, but I'm wondering if I would be able to get them off before I put them on the car. Here's some pics:

Also, any good walkthroughs for installation? It can't be too hard, its only a few bolts. I have the helms and will be looking in it. I'll probably contact chris, my local teg expert to help with installation anyhow.

Also, this didn't come with any gaskets... I'd like to replace any that are recommended. Which ones do I need, and how much do they cost? Part numbers etc would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
cheezthis on Aug/06/02 said:
Hey Louse...where's the rest of it?
I was wondering the same thing... and I don't think it'll bolt onto the stock down pipe? how much did you pay for that used/new header?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the bottom, but its just not as interesting

Actually it looks the same as the top, I mainly wanted to post a pic to show condition.

But also, it came with this, and I'm wondering how it works into the equation etc:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Louse76 on Aug/06/02 said:
I paid $200 plus shipping.
NICE deal... I know someone that wants 200 for a 4-1, but I'm looking to get what you got. (4-2-1) ceramics fine with me too.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And by popular demand, the lower portion:

...and god imagestation is a *****... it takes ten tries to upload anything successfully!

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, shipping was like $20 from midwest to FL, so quite reasonable too...

I work overnights on tech support, so I can browse ebay all night!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
That thing in the envelope is the gasket that goes between the collector and the cat.

I would also go to the dealership and get a new gasket for the block -> header. Its probably not necissary, but as long as you remove it you might as well. While you are getting that, get the two bolts/nuts/springs that attach the cat to the header. Most of the time that area is so rusted the only way to remove them is to cut them off. So if you don't have a hacksaw, might wanna pick one up.

Spray all the bolts with PB Blaster and let it soak overnight.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, thanks. So StyleTEG, did you install your own header? If so, was it a lot of trouble?

And would you happen to know prices for that stuff?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Yup, installed the header myself with one assistant.

I would figure under $20 for everything I listed. It was alot of work, but only because we were unprepaired.

If I had all the gaskets, and extra bolts from the begining I would have been fine.

Also, I would put the header together outside of the car and put it on in one peice. We tried in two peices and couldn't get it to align properly. It was incredibly easy to install it as one peice though.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I guess the whole "it's made in two pieces for easier installation" thing is another misconception!

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn man, I was just looking up prices for those bolts... $20 for two bolts and two springs here.

Exhaust gasket is about $8.50. I guess that's not too bad though. So I'm going to be spending an extra $30?! Is there anything else I'm missing?

And did you have to pay that much StyleTeg?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, the nut that goes onto the bots/springs... is it 8mm or 8mm self locking? Self locking is one tenth the price... Look at link in last post.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And I'm still wondering about cleaning... would it be a good idea to use a polishing thing on a dremel? I've been thinking about getting one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts