Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
cfwtgsr_95 on Mar/01/07 said:
I really appreciate your write up. What you accomplished, is my goal, with the minor mods that you have. I'm curious to know if you ran your car before you did any of the mods, to get a idea of how much they helped you down the quarter mile.
Actually, I did. I believe that I started in the mid-high 15's. Then just worked my way down from there. My clutch wasn't in very good condition when I picked the car up so, I had to fix that after the first couple of runs. After, that I got down to a 14.9 with IHE and some weight removed. Then, I just did small things here and there. But, the most important thing was working to make myself a better driver.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
:waits for her front end:

dont make me come down there and get my mirrors back yO!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Man, this makes me feel so good to see times like that.
I"m goin w/ITR cams, skunk2 man.. ITR header and I"ll be dyno tuned, all happening next month (all parts but my headgasket is in)

I'll have drag radials when I go to the track.. I'd love to hit a low 14 and would crap a gold brick if I could bust down a 13.

Major props to you man! I wish I was a good of driver as you are.

one question though..
on the video that you posted, what RPM did you launch at?

The best 60ft I ever got was a 2.46 and my GSR was stock and I spun like crazy :S

Another question (probably a very n00bish one..

When you launched at 3,000 RPM, you just slipped the clutch untill your speed matched the RPM you were at, correct, hen let off the clutch completely and floored it?

And how much throttle were you giving it while you ere slipping the clutch? Part throttle, just enough to keep the ROM up or what?

60 ft times are the key to fast 1/4 times.. I'll never hit the 14's no matter what I do if I can't drive :S

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ran a 15.1 at 91mph with a completely stock 95 gsr, so my goal of 14.2 isn't far off. Slo4door: you just have to practice, practice, practice to find out what works for you and your car. Everyone's different and so is every car. But you want a smooth transition from riding the clutch to accelerating on the gas.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
slo4door on Mar/01/07 said:
Man, this makes me feel so good to see times like that.
I"m goin w/ITR cams, skunk2 man.. ITR header and I"ll be dyno tuned, all happening next month (all parts but my headgasket is in)

I'll have drag radials when I go to the track.. I'd love to hit a low 14 and would crap a gold brick if I could bust down a 13.

Major props to you man! I wish I was a good of driver as you are.

one question though..
on the video that you posted, what RPM did you launch at?

The best 60ft I ever got was a 2.46 and my GSR was stock and I spun like crazy :S

Another question (probably a very n00bish one..

When you launched at 3,000 RPM, you just slipped the clutch untill your speed matched the RPM you were at, correct, hen let off the clutch completely and floored it?

And how much throttle were you giving it while you ere slipping the clutch? Part throttle, just enough to keep the ROM up or what?

60 ft times are the key to fast 1/4 times.. I'll never hit the 14's no matter what I do if I can't drive :S
Slow down and relax. Take a deep breath! Answers:
Question 1: I came out of the hole at about 3,500 without slipping the clutch. That is the slight bog that you hear. The track was very sticky. If you feathered the clutch it would turn into a useless pile of goo!...
Question 2: You have the right idea but, there is a balancing point. on one side you turn the clutch into glazed metallic disc and on the other you slightly bog by letting off the clutch to soon. Practice until you find "the sweet spot!" Every clutch is different.
It not that I'm a better driver than anyone. It just takes practice. Okay, picture this. When you're in staging try to picture your run in your head. It's what gave me so many bracket racing wins. While everyone else was goofing off in staging, I was in my car picturing what I was going to do that run. Give yourself a certain amount of confidence. And most importantly remember that you can always make another run.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
cfwtgsr_95 on Mar/01/07 said:
I ran a 15.1 at 91mph with a completely stock 95 gsr, so my goal of 14.2 isn't far off.
I found some of my old time slips my best run stock was a 15.2 @ 91. I was thinking about, my old car! LoL! So, yeah you most def have a chance at meeting your goals. But, remember that with every new mod comes a change to the way your car has to be driven!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ciscoandmichele on Mar/01/07 said:
:waits for her front end:

dont make me come down there and get my mirrors back yO!!!
We'll see! You know the deal! ;-)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just wanted to let everyone know that I made a 13.8 second pass. It has been a long time since I gave an update. Mostly, due to working to much! I'll get all the time slips together and my run notes. Update soon.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts