Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*ADDED A VIDEO!*
Allright, I'll give a brief history on the car and let you know what I ran today. Most of you guys and gals know me here in the Tampa area. My goal with my car has been to run as close to a 14.0 as possible with an internally stock Gs-R. My previous motor (98 Gs-R) burned out the piston rings and had 170 across the board for compression. As everyone knows that is not good. Now, I have a jdm Gs-R from a '97 Si-R Integra. My compression checks in at 230 psi across the board. And it runs very nice. Mods are: AEM cai, HP Racing header, test-pipe (track only), Buddy Club spec II exhaust, Competition Clutch Stage 1 w/ stock flywheel, Omni Power coil-overs, 205/50r15 Falken RT-615's and Z-10 traction bars.
First run: Launch at 3,000 rpm (slipping the clutch a little) and shifting between 7,500 and 7,800. Slight bog at the launch. Spinning at the top of first and into second. 32 PSI in front tires.
R/T .195
60' 2.079
330'5.955
1/89.095
MPH78.36
1000' 11.799
1/414.084
MPH98.04(Good enough to be in the 13.8 range.)

Second run: Track conditions were slightly different so I dropped to 28 PSI in the fronts. Launch at 4,000 RPM (Lots of wheel spin, even slipping the clutch lightly) Shift points at 8,500 (Indicated) SleepingB18 (LiL' Steve) was in the left lane driving his S2K he ran a 14.6 (Stock.) Good run Steve!

R/T.418(Friendly hesitation)
60'2.106
330'5.893
1/89.017
MPH 78.76
1000 11.717
1/414.001
MPH 98.11(Also good for the 13.8 range)

As you can see, I finally made the goal. Now, it is time to put my power package together. once, I get a chance to work on the launch a little bit and make an attempt for a 13 second pass. I think that if I bring the launch in at 3,500 RPM and keep the shifts at 8,500 I should be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nahledge on Nov/19/06 said:
WOW. Thats good for a practically stock internal JDM GS-R
Post some vids
It is stock internally. I'm going to be upgrading soon, though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wowzerz711 on Nov/19/06 said:
get some vids
There was another T-I member out there (besides Steve) who was videoing the runs. I don't know if he got footage of my runs or not. None of my friends have video cameras and neither do I. :-(

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to give a little update to the project. I got a Crome chipped ecu with a street tune on it from John @ phearable.net. Just to give him a shout out really quick; I called the poor guy at 5:30PM and left a message on his voicemail. He called me back 5 minutes later and answered all to many of my questions. I talked to him for about 45 minutes to a hour about everything. We agreed for me to drop by his house that night. Well, long story short I got there around 10:30PM and kept him busy for about 45 minutes. Now, my car is converted to ObdI and tuned on Crome. Money well spent! Next up, I've added a Blox Racing intake manifold along with a Hondata heatshield, Fluidyne radiator, AEM wideband to monitor the AF's, dropped 20 lbs. off the car, and Gator Racing Stage 2 axles. This weekend is an all day Runday Sunday at Bradenton Motorsports Park anyone interested let me know! I believe the times are from 9AM to 5 or 6PM. I'll post here on Sunday for those interested and that couldn't make it!

Joshua

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
good deal,
knockin on 13's..

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
JDM GSR motors are what, 180 hp to the crank? After your tune, what kind of numbers your putting out?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't got it on a dyno, yet. I'd say between 160 and 170 WHP. Someone told me more but, I doubt it. I'm the type that down plays it so that I'm not disapointed with the true results, though. It absolutely rips the way it is now. A buddy of mine has an M3 with some work done to it (runs mid-high 13's all day long) and I can pull a little on him through 1st, 2nd and into 3rd. Never gone much faster than 60.

Josh

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a video from Thursday. My friend Will is in the close lane running a 13.4. I ran a 14.0 in the far lane. I redlit with a -.005 reaction time but, he nosed me at the finish! He has a Stage ? Srt-4

My run

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Equil on Feb/26/07 said:
Nice run man, awesome times for an internally stock car.

So jealous =(.
Thank you! I will be running a set of slicks this thursday to see what she'll do. on a side note, Bradenton Motorsports Park has to be one of the most poorly run tracks in the country, right now. Sunday turned into a disaster. We got there at 9:30 AM and waited in staging for six hours to make 1 run! And then they closed the track while we were in staging for a second pass! There were all of 175 cars there. They kept bragging over the P.A. system that they run 100 cars per hour. But, I made the best of the 1 run that I got when I posted a 14.1 @ 97.23 with a 15 MPH head wind!

·
Registered
823 Posts
dbkid on Feb/26/07 said:
Quote: Equil on Feb/26/07Nice run man, awesome times for an internally stock car.
So jealous =(.

Thank you! I will be running a set of slicks this thursday to see what she'll do. on a side note, Bradenton Motorsports Park has to be one of the most poorly run tracks in the country, right now. Sunday turned into a disaster. We got there at 9:30 AM and waited in staging for six hours to make 1 run! And then they closed the track while we were in staging for a second pass! There were all of 175 cars there. They kept bragging over the P.A. system that they run 100 cars per hour. But, I made the best of the 1 run that I got when I posted a 14.1 @ 97.23 with a 15 MPH head wind!
hope fully next time its tail wind

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
azenis probably arent helping, sidewalls are too thick for drag.

i bet with lower tire pressure and some normal street tires 13's woulda been doable.

nice runs either way

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
midwesta on Feb/26/07 said:
azenis probably arent helping, sidewalls are too thick for drag.

i bet with lower tire pressure and some normal street tires 13's woulda been doable.

nice runs either way
Actually, the Azenis tires have proved themselves to be a very good drag tire so far. The compound and contact patch have been excellent for consistency. I used to run ze512's and tried bfg's for a little while. The problem I had with them is that the tread would "chunk" on me, i.e. dime sized pieces of tread breaking loose from the the tire initially trying to grab but, the sidewall not being suitable for lower air pressures (18-21 lbs.) They would also, create wheel hop. With slicks, they have a very soft sidewall that allows them to wrinkle and apply the energy to the contact patch as they rotate. But, regular street tires do not allow that initial roll/wrinkle to the tire. Where as the Azenis relies on a good tread compound for traction (not the sidewall.) My current suspension set-up seems to like them with my driving style. I attempted to alter the way I launch for the ze512's without much luck. It resulted in a little more on the top end but, my 60' times were about a .1 off. I think that I had a best of 14.2 on them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really appreciate your write up. What you accomplished, is my goal, with the minor mods that you have. I'm curious to know if you ran your car before you did any of the mods, to get a idea of how much they helped you down the quarter mile.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts