Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. It's been a long time! I used to have an account on here, but forgot the log in. My car has sat in the garage on jackstands for the last 8 years. cracked the block, so I took the engine out to rebuild it, then decided to do a whole bunch of other work to it and then life just got in the way. Finally got some motivation (and of course some spare funds). Here's some pictures of how it used to look like, and how it sits now.

this was the interior just before I took it off the road

My brake setup consists of Acura RL calipers up front with redrilled RSX-S rotors, (IIRC) RSX rear calipers with EP3 rotors in the back. Tires will be replaced when the car runs with 225/45 R16 Toyo Proxes R1R's. Yes, the front brakes barely the wheel weights

I'm working on repairing/cleaning the ****ty wiring I did as a kid right now, and tucking the headlight harness.

As it sits, this is the engine. built gsr head (unsure of what was used, bought used but in good condition. I rebuilt the bottom end with LS rods and b16b pistons (I think). PLM tri-y header, Skunk2 Ultra street manifold and 70mm tb. I have a Vortech supercharger that will go on this.

nothing too interesting for now. lots of little bits and pieces. car's basically a frankenstein of a whole bunch of other hondas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks. My phone typo on my previous post. Extended studs?
I might have to grab me a pair of RL calipers and FastBrakes kit.
no not extended studs. these bolt onto the factory studs and have their own studs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool build, I like the front fender design. What are your plans for this? Street car or track car?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
summer/weekend track car. it still has a full interior and sound system, but no powersteering or a/c

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I learned a very valuable lesson today. I had bought two OEM axles and intermediate shaft from a friend. the ends were mushroomed past the slot, so he gave me one incomplete aftermarket axle and one complete aftermarket, and said I could swap the outer joint on.

I disassembled the driver side oem axle and put new boots on it, repacking the bearings and cleaned up the roller joint.

I thought I would be clever and use the OEM CV cage in the aftermarket joint housing. No dice. Housing is way too large. I then reassembled the aftermarket outer joint, and try to put it on the oem shaft. They're too big! I guess the shaft on the aftermarket CV is larger than oem. 😭Now I'm on the hunt for at least one OEM outer joint. This is what I get for trying to do things properly but save money at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts