Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m building a motor for daily boost enough so I have room to raise the power down the line, but also so I don’t have to worry about the block. I’m set on a css but machinist swears by Darton. I know they are strong, but what kind of boost can the non-MID sleeves take, and do they have a good life span? I’m gonna be driving this car all over when it’s done, and I don’t wanna worry about the sleeves or block while going long distance or in the event of boost spike or something else unforeseen.

Thank you in advance!

·
Administrator
3,611 Posts
Longevity isn't determined by boost levels, but rather, torque output.

·
Administrator
3,611 Posts
While I can't speak on Darton specifically, my Benson sleeves have held up well since 2014.

·
Administrator
3,611 Posts

·
Administrator
3,611 Posts
Built for roll-racing, but never followed through with entering. So far, it's my fun, sunny day, weekend vehicle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Built for roll-racing, but never followed through with entering. So far, it's my fun, sunny day, weekend vehicle.
Oh damn that’s impressive that it’s held up for so long. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about anything about the lines of darton sleeves, would you? I found that benson and darton are very similar, but it looks like benson sleeves are closer to the mid-grade darton flanged sleeves and not the higher grade MIDs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts