Team Integra Forums banner
861 - 873 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
On another note, 1.7 negative camber doesn't destroy tires. That's actually not an insane amount of camber and that's about what I run for my track car setups and my tires last quite long. I'd assume the toe must have been way out of spec at some point.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #863 ·
On another note, 1.7 negative camber doesn't destroy tires. That's actually not an insane amount of camber and that's about what I run for my track car setups and my tires last quite long. I'd assume the toe must have been way out of spec at some point.
I'm hoping my bad tire wear was from a bad tie rod. When i took the car for inspection, they said the one tie rod was junk (thanks MOOG!). kind of glad they found it, but i was really hoping tie rods would last more than 15K miles.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
Getting the last few pieces of the puzzle to make this happen:
Well, this is not going to happen this year. I'll have some bigger pieces I'll have to get. No local tuners around me have the knowledge or capability to tune VAFC2 units anymore. Which is ok, I might have something better in the works. My main goal for getting it tuned with the VAFC2 is that it is already tuned on it, so mainly the VTEC crossover would need to be changed, maybe some fuel inputs here and there. The other reason was because of my obd2 emissions testing. But, we'll see if I can find a way around that as well. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, this is not going to happen this year. I'll have some bigger pieces I'll have to get. No local tuners around me have the knowledge or capability to tune VAFC2 units anymore. Which is ok, I might have something better in the works. My main goal for getting it tuned with the VAFC2 is that it is already tuned on it, so mainly the VTEC crossover would need to be changed, maybe some fuel inputs here and there. The other reason was because of my obd2 emissions testing. But, we'll see if I can find a way around that as well. Stay tuned...
Why not try it yourself with a street tune? I heard the vafc is pretty easy to work with, it's old-school tech.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
Why not try it yourself with a street tune? I heard the vafc is pretty easy to work with, it's old-school tech.
I was thinking about it, but i'm a little nervous. I would really hate to lean something too much or richen something too much and cause problems. And from everything I've read, you really need the dyno graph to determine the best vtec point when switching out to the single stage intake manifold.

·
Registered
136 Posts
IMO dyno is only needed if you want the numbers. I've worked with street tuners and dyno tuners and have gotten similar results on my EP3. The key is just making sure your AFR is correct and not running to lean or rich. Something between 10-13. Although if VAFC doesn't have datalogging then you would need someone to drive while you make live adjustments. Do long pulls all the way to redline while you richen or lean out the fuel. Also I'm assuming VAFC probably doesn't adjust based on throttle input, so partial throttle and full throttle probably share the same map, which is kind of mehhhh. I mean people used them for years so I'm sure it's good enough. It's mainly making your mods safe to run, but not great for making big power.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can always upgrade to something like HTS, which is way cheaper than hondata. The software is free I believe, but you pay a little bit for the hardware to chip your ecu. It's like a softcore version of hondata but offers more than enough to be dangerous. Honda Tuning Suite | OBD0, OBD1, CANBUS .

They also have a huge DIY community, where you could probably get someone else's tune that you can build from.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
As usual, I don't update this. Getting ready to get this car back on the road for summer hopefully tomorrow. Got some new things installed and squared away.

After much saving, the seats are squared away.

And got this guy installed in it's new home.

Still acquiring bits and pieces of the supporting jackson racing install pieces here and there. Thats most likely a winter 2022-2023 install.

·
Registered
69 Posts
so you have been on a sk2 manifold with your stock ecu? can you provide me some info regarding the drivability with stock ecu?
i figured that it will throw a cel for the secondary butterflies.
i have been thinking of getting a sk2 manifold but was hesitant

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #872 ·
so you have been on a sk2 manifold with your stock ecu? can you provide me some info regarding the drivability with stock ecu?
i figured that it will throw a cel for the secondary butterflies.
i have been thinking of getting a sk2 manifold but was hesitant
Never installed the SK2 manifold. BUT, from everything i've read, disabling the butterflies will not trigger a CEL light. I have a vacf2 if i was going to go that route to change the vtec engagement point if needed. The vafc2 is installed, it only changed the vtec engagement for the CTR cams very slightly. The tuner said that with the stock intake manifold, it didnt need to be pushed any further.

861 - 873 of 873 Posts