Team Integra Forums banner
841 - 857 of 857 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 ·
So, I've just been enjoying the hell out of this car, I've put about 3400 miles on it since i got it inspected back in May. I just recently took the car in for some very VERY bad tire wear on the drivers side. The inner part of the tire had metal hanging out. My shop said the camber on the front tires is at -1.9 and -1.7 which is causing the wear. Now, some of this wear might have occurred also prior to the new inner tie rod. The passenger side front tire has a similar wear pattern, but its not nearly as bad as the driver side. So, I bought a new tire so I can continue driving the car safely, but it's making me wonder if I should look into grabbing a set of adjustable upper control arms again. Or maybe cheaper tires, the kick to the gut with these tires is they had a 500 tread rating on them and there is only about 14K miles in total on the tires. The backs seem to be wearing just fine. My suspension is OEM ITR coils on KYB struts, I never thought that the ITR suspension would throw the camber off that badly, so I just went with stock upper control arms for the car.

oooops, forgot the obligatory picture of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Alright, i'm uploading this photos as a point of reference for myself in the future (and of course to have a discussion as well). I rotated my tires this weekend at 228,600 miles and took photos of each tire noting where it was at on the car when pulled. I put these tires on almost right away when I bought the car back, so these have just as many miles as every part I replaced on the car, so right around 14K miles.

Driver's side rear tire - now rotated to Driver's front.

Driver's side front tire (the new one) - now rotated to driver's rear:

Passenger side rear tire - now rotated to passenger front:

Passenger side front tire - now rotated to the passenger rear:

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
could they not correct the camber?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
could they not correct the camber?
They couldn't because I have the factory upper control arms. If I upgrade to some adjustable upper arms, they'll be able to. I just didn't think that there was that much camber out when using the stock ITR coil spring setup, especially since they use the same upper arm as the other Integra models. Oh well, that's what I get for assuming LOL

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
So lets see, what all has happened since September....

I took the car to its (and mine) first cars and coffee. Unfortunately, it was a dud. It was bad timing, there was a football game that day, and another (much larger) cars and coffee on that same day as well. The kiddos enjoyed it, and I did too since it was just kid and dad time while the wife was doing some bird watching kayak thing with her friend and brother.

Got the car all good and cleaned up and loaded up. Grabbed some good coffee, hung out for a bit to see if anyone else would show up, then left. You can see my car photobombing this Mercedes. When i left, there were 4 cars including mine.

I also decided to spend a Friday evening grabbing some pictures of my car at the Acura dealership because I'm weird. Pictures came out meh. I'll probably do this again next year with the factory wheels on the car (and a now better camera in my new phone). And on the way home, I grabbed some pictures of my retrofit (still need to be aimed 100%). I'm pleased with how sharp the cut off is on the sides and forward. I think they are still aimed a tad bit too high, so im hoping for more light output on the road once I get a space long enough to aim them.

Picked one of these up to go along with my period correct theme. Always use protection!

I finally got around to refinishing my oem wheels. I paid someone to sandblast them (which saved me hours and hours of sanding) and repainted and cleared them to match the OEM finish. Unfortunately, two have slight bends, but i've taken the car up to 80 MPH and have not noticed any issues. I love these on the car. the paint finish didnt come out as good as i had hoped, its a little too textured for my liking in some spots from some dry spray, but these will do for now.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Decided to swap out the spoon shift knob for my skunk2 (its good to have options). I like the bling factor of the spoon sports, but i hate they way it feels, its too light.

So with the skunk2 installed, and music at the ready, we headed off to our second ever cars and coffee. this one was about an hour and fifteen minute drive from my house, but was a much better turnout.

This truck was AMAZING. The only thing i didnt really care for was the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #849 ·
A wide variety of vehicles to check out.

My daughter called this one a choo choo. And i can't blame her, it had a train horn, and it rolled coal through the stack in the hood on the way out.

Lets see, what else....I hit 230K on the car, and i'm still daily driving it (for at least another week or so anyways). I've put about 7K on it since May.

My wife got me a cool key holder for the garage for my birthday.

I grabbed a picture of my car with my dad's accord one morning when i dropped my kids off with them. He's not the original owner, he bought it 5-6 years ago with 40K on it, i think it might have 60K on it now.

And most recently, i picked these up of facebook marketplace. Not because i need them, but because they were stupid cheap. I plan to strip these and polish them out. Worth the $100 i paid i think.

I think that's about it. Like i said, still daily driving the car and getting my truck ready for winter daily driving duties. Looking at the forecast, i think i have at least another week or 2 that i can still take the car out and about. As soon as snow starts flying to the point that they are salting the roads, the car gets parked. the paint still looks good, although i am a little disappointed with the number of chips in the paint. Not sure if this is just a product of me painting the car in an "unprofessional" environment, or the fact that i am not a professional bodyman lol. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy the hell out of this car.

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
Mine's been stored almost a month. No snow yet but I got to wash and store it in 60's instead of 20's weather. I've thought about going to Acura to take pictures too but it's a bit of a drive to the closest one.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #851 ·
Mine is about a 35 minute drive, so its not too bad. And it gives me an excuse to take the car out on some twisty backroads.

So, as i am typing this, the snow is currently coming down hard. I took my truck out today to get her in tip top shape for winter daily driving duties, and of course. It failed the 4x4 test. Its not engaging at all....ugh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice build thread. I had a DB8 in white with gray leather, it was wrecked by a drunk driver. I miss it. I still have a few parts left from it, I’ll probably list them on the classifieds soon but figured I’d mention them here in case you don’t have them already. The rare rear factory trunk mat, a brand new in box set of factory floor mats, and a set of the Recaro slider bases from a Japanese market integra type R that allows mounting any bottom mount Recaro seat.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #853 ·
Nice build thread. I had a DB8 in white with gray leather, it was wrecked by a drunk driver. I miss it. I still have a few parts left from it, I’ll probably list them on the classifieds soon but figured I’d mention them here in case you don’t have them already. The rare rear factory trunk mat, a brand new in box set of factory floor mats, and a set of the Recaro slider bases from a Japanese market integra type R that allows mounting any bottom mount Recaro seat.
I'm intrigued, keep me posted.

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
nice cover.

Reactions: danteisme

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #856 ·
i'm slacking when it comes to winter work i had planned for the car, house projects are taking precedence at the moment. As well as diagnosing my motorcycle issue so I can get it fixed and listed for sale.

Did get one of the winter projects at least tested. My new car audio setup for 2022. New as in the newest thing in this picture is from 1997 lol.

This thing is pretty cool. As soon as you use any of the phone functions, it automatically mutes the radio function. I would love to get this to somehow work on a bluetooth level with my phone, as in the call send and end buttons at least would work, but i don't know how feasible that would be. I doubt I could get such a connectivity with the dial pad, this kind of electrical modifications are over my head. So, it will just be a show piece for now and display "No Svc" lol

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
funny and cool to have though

841 - 857 of 857 Posts