Team Integra Forums banner
841 - 846 of 846 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 ·
So, I've just been enjoying the hell out of this car, I've put about 3400 miles on it since i got it inspected back in May. I just recently took the car in for some very VERY bad tire wear on the drivers side. The inner part of the tire had metal hanging out. My shop said the camber on the front tires is at -1.9 and -1.7 which is causing the wear. Now, some of this wear might have occurred also prior to the new inner tie rod. The passenger side front tire has a similar wear pattern, but its not nearly as bad as the driver side. So, I bought a new tire so I can continue driving the car safely, but it's making me wonder if I should look into grabbing a set of adjustable upper control arms again. Or maybe cheaper tires, the kick to the gut with these tires is they had a 500 tread rating on them and there is only about 14K miles in total on the tires. The backs seem to be wearing just fine. My suspension is OEM ITR coils on KYB struts, I never thought that the ITR suspension would throw the camber off that badly, so I just went with stock upper control arms for the car.

oooops, forgot the obligatory picture of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Alright, i'm uploading this photos as a point of reference for myself in the future (and of course to have a discussion as well). I rotated my tires this weekend at 228,600 miles and took photos of each tire noting where it was at on the car when pulled. I put these tires on almost right away when I bought the car back, so these have just as many miles as every part I replaced on the car, so right around 14K miles.

Driver's side rear tire - now rotated to Driver's front.

Driver's side front tire (the new one) - now rotated to driver's rear:

Passenger side rear tire - now rotated to passenger front:

Passenger side front tire - now rotated to the passenger rear:

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
could they not correct the camber?

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
could they not correct the camber?
They couldn't because I have the factory upper control arms. If I upgrade to some adjustable upper arms, they'll be able to. I just didn't think that there was that much camber out when using the stock ITR coil spring setup, especially since they use the same upper arm as the other Integra models. Oh well, that's what I get for assuming LOL

841 - 846 of 846 Posts