Team Integra Forums banner

741 - 760 of 771 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
And my S2000 retrofit in a box. Hopefully I will start figuring out the mounting points on the bracket, then it will be all re-assembly after that.
Oh man! Please be detailed on the retrofit, bc I haven't found any good detailed sources for it anymore. I really want to do some too.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #742
Right before photobucket went stupid, i saved all of the s2000 retrofit DIYs as a pdf, so i could send them your way if you want. Just lemme know. Im basically following a couple of them for various stages, and following a lot of information from hidplanet. Also referencing the e55 retrofit that was in the articles here before. I'll still post pictures of mine of course lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Right before photobucket went stupid, i saved all of the s2000 retrofit DIYs as a pdf, so i could send them your way if you want. Just lemme know. Im basically following a couple of them for various stages, and following a lot of information from hidplanet. Also referencing the e55 retrofit that was in the articles here before. I'll still post pictures of mine of course lol
Heck yea! I'll send you my email on a pm.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #744
A couple of other short tasks completed this weekend. Finished re-wiring the aftermarket alarm i had installed on the car YEARSSSS ago. Just need to tuck up the wiring and re-mount the brain box so that i can finsih up installing the lower dash panels. Also finished wiring up my 2 kill switches, one for fuel and one for ignition.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #746 (Edited)
This past weekends work included re-running the wires for some accessories i have in the center console, reinstalled most of the center console (hanging up on the passenger side for some reason), bled the brakes since replacing the RF brake line, and started my HID retrofit. I think i messed up the drilling of the housing on the one bolt, but this is my first retrofit ever so messing up is expected. I think it should be fine though once i get everything mounted, secured, and leveled out. Hopefully i can work on leveling out the projectors this week with some free time after work, if i get some free time.

You can see one of the bolts is a tad skewed here.

And here.

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
links seem to work for me.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #749
The skew only affected things a tad. got it to work out though, i need to go back through a double check the levelness of the first projector i installed, then i should be good to trim the extra length on the bolts and put back in the housing.

Also, went to the upull yard because i got a notification of an integra. I thought sweet, i'll see if it has 2 door seat rails. Well, it did not, as it was a sedan...and the seats were gone anyways. I was very close to taking this deck lid though...

The price was more than what i wanted to spend though. I only brought enough tools for the seat rails as i didnt think i would want anything else. One of the nuts from the spoiler was rounded off so i couldnt remove the wing to see if the lid was rusted. If i bought the spoiler, i would take the entire lid so i don't have to drill any holes and run the risk of screwing things up. But, they were going to charge me for everything attached to the lid. the spoiler was separate, so were the tail lights, it was going to be over $100. The other thing that stopped me from taking this home was most of the hardware kit was junk, including the gaskets on the underside of the spoiler. Of course, its all discontinued from Honda. So, what does one do if they want to install one of these nowadays?

If they do a 50% off weekend anytime soon, i'll go back and see if they still have it. I'll take a risk at 40 or 50, but not 100.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great looking project!

Any reason for hid retrofit vs LED?

I had a set of headlights “professionally” done (bixenon) for $$$$ but current LEDs still out perform hands down.
PM if you’d like some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #751
Not a real good reason for going with the HIDs over the LED lol. An HID retrofit was something i had always wanted to do during my first ownership of this car and never got around to it. Trying to apply some of the things from my "want" list from years ago to the re-build now. That, and in my mind anyways, the HID retrofit is a little more "period correct" for this car, which is the direction i'm trying to follow for my re-build.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #754
So....this isnt set in stone, but this is what could be happening. I'm finding it extremely difficult to work on this car, at all anymore. An infant, a toddler, three dogs and a house to take care of just doesnt leave a whole ton of free time. And any free time i do get i either catch up on sleep, or do something else productive. I just cant seem to force myself to work on this car, i just don't want to anymore. I find other things to do so i dont have to go work on the car lol. When i do force myself into the garage, i'm in there for an hour tops before i get bored/frustrated and call it quits.

So, here is the possible change of plans with the car. I have a friend that might be taking it off my hands, and all of the extra parts i've accumulated during this re-build. The car will still be nearby so i can still see it and how it progresses, but it will no longer be mine. We're just talking about it now, and the deal might not happen, but the possible scenario is there. If the deal doesn't happen, it will be business as usual and maybe work will continue on the car later this year. In the meantime, i'll still be finishing up a few smaller projects with the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel like I know exactly what you’re talking about and cycle through these points myself.

These (customization\rebuild) projects are so large, complex, optimistic, and demanding it’s probably impossible for an individual not to hit this at points.

I try to allow myself to take a break, look at it in the vein of a hobby. Then typically at some point I’ll be taking a walk and I’ll hear or see a car that tickles the excitement again.

Sometimes re-evaluating decisions and choosing to streamline things, to a sort of minimum viable product, also helps generate some momentum and feel better about progress. You can plan additional phases later, to build on the project.

If a project has truly crossed a threshold where it’s no longer going to be enjoyable or reaching a minimum viable result becomes impossible, it’s great to be able to part with the project on good terms or at least with acceptance. It will be less likely to leave a lasting distaste for the passion that got you going originally.

Good luck with whichever path you take.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried to take a couple of videos of the car acting up. You may need to turn up your speakers to hear it in the first video, the second video is pretty noticeable.

And a couple of new pics because why not.

Supporting the people that help me out

And a pic of the car from my front porch, looking very dirty.*
That's PA. For sure, my mom lives on pine street in brookville, pa. And if the street was a little steeper I'd think you were on her fro t porch, lol. Brookville is a Norman Rockwell kinda town, love it !!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
So, the car will be staying with me for the foreseeable future. I picked something up on loan from a buddy as well, this should help.

Got it dialed in on a piece of scrap metal and was happy with the welds it was making. Moved over to the car and it was like none of it mattered. It was blowing holes through the inner panel, just making a mess. So, I need to figure out what is going on with that before I move forward any further with sheet metal repair. I’m not as concerned with the inner panel as far as looks, it just needs to be strong, solid, and not rust.

Also competed some work on the retrofit.

Then I tested them in the garage, please excuse the mess. This was after a lot of fighting with the welder and I never cleaned it up.

Really love the way these look, until I put the lenses on the housings…

Going to need to address this for sure. I imagine I’ll need to do some serious sanding and polishing inside and outside of these lenses.

I’ll also need to do something about this, not sure if they make an adapter for this situation or if I need to find new ballasts. It was damn near impossible to plug this in. I think I pulled these from an Audi.

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
good answer on keeping the car. So it takes longer than planned. Not like you need to hurry for anything.

Reactions: danteisme
741 - 760 of 771 Posts