Team Integra Forums banner

721 - 731 of 731 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
So, this past weekend and probably the next few weekends ahead, i'm going to have little to no time to work on the car. This is terrible for 2 reasons - 1, i wont have time to diagnose the many electrical issues the car now has and still have time for body work and paint. 2 - i'm getting close the the cut off point for painting this car this year i think. So all of the many, MANY electrical issues the car now has will have to be dealt with over the winter after body work and hopefully paint. Then maybe the car can come out and play next year. I'm hoping its something "simple" and common to all of the issues and i can fix it quickly. The one that upsets me the most is the closed loop issue still persisting. I'll have to do some research, and probably back through my own thread to refresh my memory on what triggers the car to go from open loop to closed loop.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
Ugh, so...the car has decided to change my plans for me. After doing some exploratory cutting and assessing the situation, i think primer and paint is completely out of the realm of possibilities before cooler temps hit. I really was not expecting the rust to be so bad on this side of the car, its 10x worse than the other side was. Its going to take me a while to get this cleaned up and repaired properly, or at least repaired to a point that i am comfortable with it. This side had the quarter replaced once before when my car got backed into and they crunch the area just above the tail light and buckled the side of the panel. I'm wondering if they didint clean everything 100% before they did the repair. I mean, it happened probably 14 years ago, so who knows. Either way, i got my hands full with this side.

Not really looking forward to this, the passenger side was so "easy" compared to this. So, new plans....get the metal work done and repaired before it gets too cold, throw some quick aerosol paint on the metal so it doesnt start to rust over the winter. When i can over the winter - put the rest of the interior back together, replace the oil pan in the motor, finishing wiring up my kill switches, install the ITR cat back, re-install the alarm, finish my s2000 retrofit, and finish (hopefully) diagnosing the issue with the open loop error. I'm sure there are a few other smaller items i'm forgetting, but those are the main ones i can think of at the moment. Then when weather permits next year, get the car epoxied, body fillered, primered and painted. I'll have enough vacation time built up at that point, i think i'll just take a week off of work and get the paint work done then. I guess the only good thing is i got all but one of my electrical issues fixed, so thats progress, right?

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
Small, but neat updated. I did some much needed cleaning in the garage this weekend so i have room to work, so no additional work on the car. BUT, i did clear up some space because someone messaged me from one of my craigslist ads. they wanted me tan cloth seat set i had from the car. it was taking up a lot of space. The catch was, the guy didnt have any cash but wanted to trade instead. He sent me some pics of various integra things he had and said if i delivered the seats to him he would make the trade in my benefit. it was only 20 minutes down the road,so i figured why not. So, i straight up traded a tan cloth sedan seat set for this -

Came with the throttle body and most of the sensors. Not sure if i will actually put it on the car or not, but it takes up way less space than the seats.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
So, still cutting away bad metal and prepping areas for good metal. Nothing really worth showing, but i am still making progress here and there with this rust repair in this quarter. I did finish another side project though. I finished my leather restoration (for the front seats so far, still need to finish the back). This is the seat set that i swapped seat skins from a passenger to the driver's side for my repair. The fitment isnt 100% due to how the seat backs are cut from driver's side to passenger side to clear the hinge brackets, but this is close enough for me, for now.

Passenger side redone

Driver's side redone

·
Super Moderator
14,150 Posts
is it just lighting that makes that first one look white?

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #731
Looks like a lot of work, but will be worth it in the end. I just picked up a Integra shell, started to piece it back to together.
I feel like i'm on the downhill side of this finally. Body work aside, which i dont mind at all compared to tracking down electrical issues, a few odds and ends and paint and i'm set.

721 - 731 of 731 Posts