Team Integra Forums banner

661 - 680 of 728 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
Armed with my new grinder this weekend, i completed the 2 driver's doors, next weekend will be the passenger side.

[/url]

Bare metal.

And a quick spray bomb coating of the finest $0.94 a can paint so they metal doesnt start to rust. its way to cold to mix and spray primer so this will do until i can. Should sand off quite easily with the DA.

the paint tells no lies, there are quite a few areas that need to be smoothed out. also not shown, i used the paint stripper on the roof and the passenger side, so a few hours with the grinder should take care of that side. i think it took me about 2 hours to grind, then prep with the DA, then paint the cheapo paint. also showing up today are my ballasts for my retrofit, hopefully tonight or tomorrow night i can start cutting up my extra housing for practice mounting height etc.. for the s2000 projectors. This way if i screw up once, i wont need to go out and buy new headlight housings lol

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
I had something cool come in the mail that i had to share, some of you on here might have received one of these before. I've been looking for some of the Acura promo stuff and literature stuff for the integra, occasionally it pops up on ebay. When this popped up, i thought this was too cool to pass up. especially for sub $20.

I love stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #663
Alright, my car kicked my ass this weekend. I burned through 2 of the paint remover discs over the passenger rear quarter and the rear door. I was reminded of an incident that happened while i was at WVU that i completely forgot about....and i greatly dislike how the body shop fixed it now that i have uncovered it. The one day i came out of class, walked over to the passenger side of the car to put in my laptop and books and such, and there was this long scratch/dent going from the middle of the front door clear to the back of the car. it looked like someone cut the wheel entirely too early and dragged their car down the side of mine and then left. hit and run. i completely forgot about it until i started grinding away at about 1/4" thick layer of bondo...ate through 2 freaking paint removal discs... TWO of them! Absurd....so progress was pretty limiting as far as body work goes. I'll have to pick up another disc so i can have at it this weekend again.

SO MUCH PAINT / BONDO DUST EVERYWHERE!

you can kinda see my patch work for the rear quarter in this one.

So, i finally got around to testing my ballasts, hid bulbs and projectors this weekend and started cutting up my extra headlight bracket so if i mess up its not the end of the world. So far, it looks like i'll be using my air cut off wheel to do the bulk of the slicing and then come through with my dremel tool to finish up. I'll need to buy some strong cut off discs for the dremel, that metal is much denser than i thought.

And i dont have pictures of all of my finds, but the upull yard had a 50% off sale this weekend. There was a 97 GS coupe there that was in surprisingly good condition. It either isnt from around here, or was never driven in the winter. I snagged some new looking rad fans, very new looking OEM turn signals, and some OEM front fenders in excellent shape. This will save me so much time by using these instead of trying to get rid of all of the dents in my front fenders from all of the years of leaning on them to work on the car.

The front fenders are in the trunk of the car right now, covered in paint and bondo dust so they arent much to look at right now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ditto on the bodywork progress! Are you using the HID balast into the OEM headlight housing? or is that for fogs?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
My parents still have a working VCR, next time i go over there i'm going to attempt to transfer this stuff over. Hopefully it works!

So, i got the remainder of the car down to bare metal and coated with my temporary paint protection this weekend. It took a lot of elbow grease to get this done lol.

Its really weird to see my car black. Its been flat black before, but never a glossy black.

When the car was flat black picture for reference lol

Also still working on my S2000 HID retrofit in my extra junk headlight housing. I think i'm ready to start working on the actual housing i will be using.

Hopefully next weekend i can get to some more sanding for the front and rear bumpers, fenders, and side skirts. Maybe even get the holes going for my jdm side markers. If i can get all of that done next weekend, i'll be happy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
And this was such a huge fail.* I saw this CD on ebay and i thought this looks pretty cool, but it didnt have a track listing at all shown in the ad.* i took a gamble at $5, i thought it is an acura luxury cd....maybe it has some jazz or some classical or something.* I get down with some jazz and classical music every now and then.* But no, this collection of music is much much worse.....FAIL on my part.

So i was re-reading through your thread and thought this was funny. I have the "Loran engineered" Cassette tape version of that I found in my integra when i bought it.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
So i was re-reading through your thread and thought this was funny. I have the "Loran engineered" Cassette tape version of that I found in my integra when i bought it.
I think i have both....double fail.

·
Super Moderator
14,150 Posts
I really need to get an Acura banner/sign for my garage some day.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
Some work on the retrofits!

Picked up some misc. hardware and bolts and such so i can get these things mounted to the oem brackets and start the process of adjustment. from what i understand, this can take quite a while. i'm not sure how much testing i can do with them at this point, i have my car positioned in the garage so i can start to work on the driver's rear quarter panel, so the front of the car is about 2 feet from the wall. not nearly enough space do any sort of aiming.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
Very minor project update and looking for some guidance as well.* I spent a lot of time doing some much needed cleaning in my garage.* all of this sanding and my "scattered brained" work methods recently have taken a toll on my garage space.* So i did some pretty simple things while i spent the bulk of my time cleaning.* I made a template for my sidemarkers so all i have to do is position the cutout, outline it with a sharpie and start cutting.*

Then i used some blue painters tape to mark all of the areas that need to be addressed with some body filler, which should be here tomorrow.

Then, i started removing some interior items that i know i will need to remove to get the dashboard out.* And, there was a casualty.* My quad pod cracked when i tried to take it out, i'm surprised that 3M tape held it in there that good.* So, i'll need to figure out a way to repair that.

But, i have 3 front leather seats now, as one of my projects i'm going to take 2 of them to make one good one (the one passenger side one is in great shape already).

And now, for my requested help.* I started looking at where i need to separate the inner from the outer panel on my donor panel.* I'm not entirely sure how the area around the gas filler is connected. I dont see any spot welds like i see everywhere else, but i dont think these two pieces are just sitting on top of each other.* Maybe they are?* I could be wrong.* Here are some pictures of the area i'm talking about:

Front view*

And from the rear by the inner panel

Slightly different angle
[/url]

Like i said, i dont really see any spot welds to be drilled out.* Maybe these two panels do in fact just rest on each other tightly.* That would be great, that would save me a whole heck of a lot of extra work, and i probably wouldnt need to replace as much as i'm thinking when i get around to swapping out this quarter.**

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
Did some additional research and found some good pictures online. It looks like, luckily for me, there are no spot welds in this area. Its some sort of gasket between the inner and outer panel.

In other news, I love when packages show up at the house. Hopefully this fixes my oil leak for good.

Bought from here, for $150+/- shipped. I was super excited to see that it does in fact come in a Honda box and is stamped P72 etc...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7WRMA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

661 - 680 of 728 Posts