Team Integra Forums banner

641 - 660 of 731 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
So.....have i mentioned how much i hate electrical wiring? A few people suggested i go back through and check some of the grounding distributions at the ecu/harness. i went back through and un-taped all of my grounds to make sure i couldnt clearly see something very wrong. I didnt really see anything that looked like it would be an issue and i went back through and taped all of those connections up again and i made sure i taped the length of the wire so that it would be sufficiently shielded from the others.

after i taped it back up, i left the ecu out in open of the cabin of the car so i could test it per the manual. something is definitely fishy...it passed every test for that code, but it was questionable. for the test for voltage with a jumper wire in the o2 sensor plug, it was the same voltage with or without the jumper wire. it was actually the same voltage all the time for every test with no variations at all.

so i fired the car back up after the installing the ecu and running the tests, the code is gone for P0132, and now its throwing three more and still stuck in open loop. The other three codes were for the ELD, IAT, and coolant temp sensor. So something is definitely a bust in this wiring. I have an LS OBD2A cabin harness in my garage, i'm really thinking about running the wires to make it work with my car and installing it this winter. I'm not 100% sure on how difficult that will be, but it has to be easier than chasing electrical gremlins in my harness... this **** is really annoying.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Still driving with my open loop issue, but i did do some work to the car this weekend that wasnt a repair. I added a leather wheelskin cover, and i love it. This is the closest color they had to my interior. It took me about an hour, and i swear half of that time was yelling at the thread to stop getting tangled on everything in site. Which if you do this, that is exactly what the thread does. Anything and everything that happens to be in the car, this thread will get wrapped around. The seat belt latch, the seat adjustment, anything laying on the seats, the turn signal lever, my keys, etc.. etc... My OCD is kicking in with one section of the cover where i didnt pull the threads as tight as i should have and there is a little bit of a gap compared to the rest of the wheel, but nothing i can do about it at this point.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
Took a little road trip with the Integra this weekend for my birthday. Me and the fam packed up in the car and drove to Melt Bar and Grilled in Akron Ohio on Saturday. It was something like a 2.5 hour drive. The car drove great, down to one CEL now - the high voltage primary o2 sensor. I think I'm definitely getting older (obviously, it was my birthday),I can no longer stand the exhaust on this car. Putting around here where speed limit is at most 55, RPMs are kept in what i am calling the tolerable range. On the interstate doing almost 80 for 45 minutes or an hour is what i am now calling the absolutely intolerable range. My wife was yelling at me to talk, my ears were slightly ringing when we stopped, and somehow the drone and buzziness kept my son asleep the entire time in his car seat. I'm very much over this exhaust to say the least. but, back to the trip with some pictures.

Heading to the turnpike

Getting into Ohio pretty quickly - by the way, is it Ohio's fault or Pennsylvania's fault that there is an additional toll of $7.45 to get out of Ohio and back into PA? Its either the penalty fee for leaving Ohio, or the fee for the privilege of getting to Pennsylvania lol

Melt!

My wake and bacon sammidge and the wife's korean war pig

A little sunset action on the way home, and the latest mileage reading on the car.

Other than the exhaust and my cruise control not working (still havent diagnosed this one yet), the car was great on the trip.

·
Super Moderator
14,152 Posts
I understand the exhaust. I have a comptech and around town it's fine. Long trips it would get back but I have the silencer that I put in for that. With the tranny it puts me at 4-4.5k rpm which doesn't help either.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
I'm hoping to pick up a DB8 R exhaust soon, i think i could live with that. I'm also working on picking up a OBD2A cabin harness for the car. I'm tired of fighting the electrical demons, getting an oem un cut harness seems to be the proper solution.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
Well, I think its about that time for the Acura. See that white stuff? Ugh...snow.

I was going to hold off until they actually start throwing down that salt brine crap, but this popped up on my app this morning.
[/url]

So i'll play it by ear, but i think the car is going into hibernation mode this weekend and after Thanksgiving i'll start tearing into the car for the winter work.

Also hit a new mileage milestone just yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
14,152 Posts
Just put mine away too. Sucks but better than rust!

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Upull had a 50% off day on black friday, went there and got some neat things and a few parts for the car. Came across this poor yota...

Found this in an 86 civic, i have no idea what i'll do with it. i just thought it was neat to find all of this honda literature.

And then i road tripped to JDMOhioDirect on Saturday and met up with Braden and Aaron and came home with a DB8R exhaust, cant wait to get this guy on the car!

·
Super Moderator
14,152 Posts
Nice hoodie, good luck with the harness.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Some quick progress pics from this weekend.* I will no longer be using a DA to get through the paint, it is taking forever...

I used a blower attachment to use the compressor to blow the dust off the car, it really needs to be wiped down though.* The pictures still show a ton of dust.

And i started drilling spot welds and separating my donor panel for the driver's side.* this panel is from North Carolina, it is separating way easier than the one i got from Florida.* I was kind of suprised at the amount of corrosion on the one from Florida compared to this one.* Must be that ocean life yO!

[/url]

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Got some more work done this weekend. To start out, i cut my quarter panel replacement down to a usable size. It takes up waaay less room in the garage now. I have the pic of when i received it somewhere in this thread, it was massive.

i used my new paint stripping disc to attempt to work more on the body work. i got half way done with one door and my grinder blew up. poof, smoke, nadda. Oh well, this was a harbor frieght special i bought like 7 or 8 years ago for $20. Its been put through the ringer time and time again, so i'm surprised it lasted this long honestly.

so, without a tool, i went back to the DA to at least attempt to get the clearcoat off the whole car.

i'll be picking up a new grinder this week, BUT - it has me rethinking my approach to the car. The only parts of the car that have been re-painted too many times is the roof the body, and the doors. The front bumper and the hood were bought as replacements and each have one paint job on them. The trunk the car was a replacement after the last paint job on the car, so there is just one on that as well. I have some fenders that are in better shape than the ones that came with the car, so those wont need to be stripped to metal either. If i just need to strip basically the shell of the car to metal, i may try some of the air craft paint stripper. i'll buy a small container just to see if i can get the results i want. if not, back to the grinder. Prior to painting the car, once i get the bare metal prepped and primed, and i spray some primer sealer over the entire car and all of the parts at that point to make sure i have the same color surface to work with for base coat.

I also decided over the weekend i'm putting this guy back in the car.

However, i have a problem. the 2 metal brackets that held the cd unit to the cassette unit seem to have run off....i might have to DIY something to get these to work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OEM head units FTW!!!
EDIT: OEM head units, YES, OEM speakers, not so much LOL

Dude you are my hero! I can't imagine doing all of that body work myself holy cow.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
OEM head units FTW!!!
EDIT: OEM head units, YES, OEM speakers, not so much LOL

Dude you are my hero! I can't imagine doing all of that body work myself holy cow.
i concur, OEM speakers = blah. A friend of mine says he has the brackets for the radio thats gonna be a go. Body work is so tedious, but i sort of taught myself teh basics. When i was in college, my S-10 needed a paint job badly. So i had a friend at a body shop that went over all of the basics with me, as far as prep work anyways. So if i'm doing the math, i've been prepping my own vehicles (and sometimes others) going on 17 years now lol.

fack i'm old.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
Not too much to update one since i forgot to take after photos. So, with a dead grinder on hand and the DA sander taking forever, i've started with chemical removal.

So its only a before picture of setting up, the after picture is much carnage. I really need to add another coat, or buy my new grinder and finish off the door panels.

Also, got a notification of an integra in the upull yard, the first one in over a year i think. So i left work early to go check it out, i've never seen a more rusted out integra. I have to go back there this weekend so i'll grab a picture of it, assuming it is still there. anyways, the reason i have to go back is to make a return. this car had tan leather seats with seat covers. i could not for the life of me get the covers off and they were closing in 15 minutes. so i took a gamble and bought them both.

Passenger side will be disassembled and replace my current driver's side seat

Driver's side is going back to the yard for a store credit return lol, its in worse shape than the one currently in my car

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
Well, here is the carnage update:

i'm picking up my new grinder tomorrow for some work this weekend hopefully.

Also scored one of these guys (i'm a long ways off from installing it)

Also, found out some interesting information. I have some 99 TL (i think TL, could be CL) floormats, so i decided to see if they would fit in the integra. Well, they are really freaking close. In fact, if you can deal with a tad bit of overlap on the driver's side, and a little bit more on the passenger side, they fit nicely.

641 - 660 of 731 Posts