Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 728 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You should POR15 the parts you aren't replacing.

Exactly my plan! as soon as i strip the brakes, suspension, and exhaust off the car the entire underside is getting a coat along with the suspension pieces.

edit: with chassis saver though not por 15. i've had pretty good results with it before

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finally got some wrench time on the integra. My dad let me borrow his air compressor, i'm getting frustrated trying to get mine to work.

Today's efforts did have it's setbacks. I pulled the front strut assemblies and the driver's side knuckle. The passenger side lower ball joint will not let go of the knuckle. I used a balljoint fork with my air hammer and it just will not let go. Any ideas?

Onto the rear....the rust is going to drive me nuts.. I'm going to have to get 2 nee to me rear trailing arms i think. The rear abs sensor brackets are all rusted up along with the bolts. I snapped off so many lower control arm bolts. The heads snapped off so the majority of the bolts are still in where ever they originated from. I'm really, really, really not looking forward to drilling out these bolts... Any tips?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
.....the ball joint still remains attached lol. holy crap is it fighting me.

i'm so disgusted with the condition of the rear suspension pieces. i think i will save my self a lot of headache just sawzalling the pieces out and replacing them with used (in much better condition) parts.

i wish the people i sold this car to took a little better care of it, i would have gladly paid more money for it if i didnt have to do all the work i'm doing now but that's life. getting closer to undercoating the car....

hopefully next weekend or this week if i get some time to wrench during the week, i'll have the rest of the suspension pieces off and get a chance to drop the exhaust and start working on all of this surface rust. my rust destoyer primer will be here by the weekend, then i'll pick up a couple quarts of chassis saver and start going to town on the pieces i'm keeping and the underside of the car.

while working on the car yesterday, i noticed a few more pieces i think i'm going to need to replace.

just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end lol. i think i'm just anxious to drive the ol girl again.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Do you have two ball joint forks handy? If so, double them up (flat faces of fork facing each other) and try that

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Do you have two ball joint forks handy? If so, double them up (flat faces of fork facing each other) and try that
actually i do, that's a good idea. one fits in the air hammer, the other is a standard one that you just smack with a dead blow

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Give that a shot. That's what I had to do to get a stubborn (and broken) lower ball joint out of a town car lol.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I remember when I wanted buy this guy when I was around my early 20s. What a flashback. Good luck with the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I remember when I wanted buy this guy when I was around my early 20s. What a flashback. Good luck with the rebuild.
Thanks, i forget if i was 26 or 27 when i sold it. i'm feeling old, i'll be 32 this october. Too old to be getting back into hondas/acuras right? lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thanks, i forget if i was 26 or 27 when i sold it. i'm feeling old, i'll be 32 this october. Too old to be getting back into hondas/acuras right? lol
lol hahaha so true Im 29 and I still have my integra from high school. We are old gggg!!!!

41 - 60 of 728 Posts