Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 728 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so yesterday's job was to start getting ready for the rust treatment, which is basically jus starting to get all of the stuff off the car and out of the way. took off the headlights, fenders, fender liners, rear bumper, and took out my hids. also picked up a hood in almost perfect shape for $50. its silver, but the whole car is getting repainted when i'm done so i'm not worried.

hopefully this week or next weekend i can start getting this thing off the ground and up on jack stands and start dropping the exhaust, suspension, etc...

few more pics:

this rear bumper support is absolutely shot.... i was pulling huge chunks of it off with my bare hands

a shot of my main area of rear rot

freshened up some new to me suspension pieces, forgot to take a pics of the rear lowers

think i can do anything to save these?

i also think i located my coolant leaks, both the upper and lower hoses are leaking but they also appear to be very loose. and i think i may have some heater hoses leaking as well. i know i never replaced when i previously owned it, they look like they might be factory...eeeek

thats all for now

·
Super Moderator
14,150 Posts
dulled plastic, a whole lot of condensation and overspray from a crappy paint job. I'd get new lights personally.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
dulled plastic, a whole lot of condensation and overspray from a crappy paint job. I'd get new lights personally.
oh i have a new set of lights, i was just wondering if i could spend some time on them and get them looking acceptable enough to sell. always looking for ways to make money to fund this project

·
Registered
664 Posts
oh i have a new set of lights, i was just wondering if i could spend some time on them and get them looking acceptable enough to sell. always looking for ways to make money to fund this project
It would take a few hours and some money. You could do it but I don't think it would be worth the time plus what you would have to get to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

This was my first disappointment...i did not realize how badly tweaked this front is until i was face to face level with it. i hope i can pound this bake into place or bend this back into place.

i put the car on jackstands so i can start to disassemble hopefully soon. i removed the rear bumper, it came off in three pieces it was so rusted up. i'll need to locate a replacement for that.

here is the gauge setup i had previously in the car.

dont ask why i got the a/f gauge...i honestly dont remember. i def. want to keep the oil pressure gauge but the a/f can go. is there a USEFUL gauge that i can put there in its place? keep in mind i'm not doing boost or anything like that. i'm open to suggestions.

and lastly, i didnt get a picture of the other 3 things i located that didnt make me happy.

1. the transmission seal is leaking (99% sure thats what it is). there is oil dripping between the block and tranny coming through the little opening underneath. not a huge deal, basically just the extra cost of the seal because i had planned on changing the clutch. i changed that myself right around 75K mile i think, maybe 100K miles. so with 214K on the car now, i guess it's time again?

2. the engine oil seal (behind the timing belt) looks like its leaking. there is a lot of gunk buildup and wet oil building at the back corner of the block on the drivers side and it goes on up. i think thats what it is, i'll know for sure when i do the timing belt and water pump. again, its just going to be the cost of the seal since i plan on tearing down that side of the block anyways.

3. i found a WTF tucked up in with the new, relocated brake lines.... someone please tell me....are the fuel lines all hard lines like the brake lines or are there any hoses? i see a couple of spots that have me concerned but i'm not 100% sure how the fuel system is set up on here. i looked at the parts diagram but its hard to make out what is actually going on in the diagram.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

i just realized in one of my older pics you can see one of the spots i'm talking about. i circled it in red, see how it is a hard line then goes to rubber? there is no clamp or anything but that hose is on there tight... is it some sort of vent line that i dont need to worry about?

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
A good gauge to get would either be oil temp or water temp, so you can know what's really going on with the engine. Given the choice, I'd go oil temp, but I plan to end up with all 3 in my car (oil temp and press, and water temp).

No idea about that hardline/hose bit. Might be a vent? I can't check my Helms right now.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A good gauge to get would either be oil temp or water temp, so you can know what's really going on with the engine. Given the choice, I'd go oil temp, but I plan to end up with all 3 in my car (oil temp and press, and water temp).

No idea about that hardline/hose bit. Might be a vent? I can't check my Helms right now.
thats a good idea, i may go with an oil temp gauge.

when i bought this car i sold a 94 s10 to get it. that truck was garbage, but it had every gauge i think a vehicle is supposed to have. tach, speedo, fuel, engine temp, oil pressure, and volt gauge.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
well...i wish i had updates but life got in the way this weekend, and my brother is getting married next weekend so i'm not sure how much i'll be able to wrench on the car if at all.

today's detour was working on finishing the inside of my garage.

i figured i would at least try and start tearing some parts off of the car. i got as far as getting the brakes and rotors off lol. the one freakin part i never put back on the car the last guys that owned the car put them on....the set screws on the rotors. as soon as i took the wheels off and seen how rusted up and rounded out they were i knew i was in trouble. 2 hours later though, the brakes and rotors are off. big accomplishment...woohoo....

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well i wire brushed some of the rusted parts of the quarter panels and they are worse than i thought. I just wanted to brush off the flaked rust to get some chassis saver on there to stop the rust from hopefully spreading any further until i can get to cutting and welding new metal in. Well, after two minutes with the wire brush i can now see my driveway through the trunk... Not happy. I'll post a pic later

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Clean up the water mark there as well. That's going to be your rust path for the next 10 years.
yeah its lookin pretty nasty in that body seam there.

some parts started showing up yesterday. i looked at ordering all oem honda parts...i'm just not baller enough to afford it for this project lol.

so yesterday i had all new lower control arm bushings show up, front and rear. i started pricing all of the other suspension/brake pieces i will need to finish phase 1 of the car and get it in the garage for phase 2 over the winter....i think my credit card is going to cry

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Parts showed up!

And the you-pull it yard was a great success today. My brother and i tore into this sedan and left with a rear tan cloth seat, misc interior sensors and pieces, a bunch of body fasteners, a few under hood brackets, 4 window trim pieces in damn near perfect shape, and some perfect looking trunk carpet pieces.

Stupid cheap prices, $80 for everything. The seat needs cleaned up a bit, but i'm confident i can get it clean.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
rebuilt the regulator on my air compressor last night, seems to be working well now. if all goes well, i should be able to have some quality time with the integra and an impact gun this weekend lol.

i might start tearing out the interior too

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
pretty lame update. life keeps gettin in the way of wrench time.

this weekend i pulled the calipers off to exchange for new ones.
the air compressor still doesnt work, so that is really holding me back.

i also fixed the huge crease that used to be in the rad support. its not pretty but the hood latches 100% now.

if i can't get my air compressor working this week, i'll have to borrow my dad's and use it to start getting this suspension off.

i found a bunch more rust between the rear calipers mount to the rear trailing arm (or hub maybe?). what a nightmare...the bolts were worn down to almost nothing from all of the road salt. so, new bolts will definitely be needed.

we'll see how the trailing arms look once i get them off. i REALLY want to take off the rear dust shields too, but if the 4 bolts i see is what holds it in place...oh boy. so much rust and metal deterioration on those bolts. its not gonna be fun.

couple of pics.

you can see it is still a little tweaked in this picture, but thats ok. the hood closes perfect and the bumper will cover the rest.

21 - 40 of 728 Posts