Team Integra Forums banner

201 - 220 of 728 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
i might order some material for some projects i can work on indoors while i figure out my heating situation in the garage.

i want to re-do the door panel inserts and the headliner in the car. they are just a wreck. i stopped at walmart to look at the material they have in their "craft" section. it just feels weird, not very "automotive fabric" like.

would michael's or pat catans or some other craft store having something more suitable or is there a place online i should order from? looking for some suggestions

door panel inserts i want black, the roof i'll redo as close to the oem color as i can. if i can get the headliner really clean, i'll probably just leave it alone. other than a few tears or gouges in the material, its in pretty good shape.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Thanks for the suggestions. Next time the wife goes out go get craft supplies i'll tag along with her an see what i can find.

The car is back on jackstands in the garage ready to be worked on. I'm gettin my heating situation worked out so i dont freeze to death while working on the garage. Its all starting to come together.

I think i'm going to take the pump and the sending unit out of the fuel tank and see what the inside looks like. I think as long as there is not rust floating around in the tank, i'm going to try and save the tank i have. Save a few bucks that i can put towards something else.

I'm also going to buy some brake line tools. I need to practice flaring and bending and all of that since my hard fuel line is in need of repair and my front passenger brake line needs repaired. And i have never done anything with hard brake lines before lol. Any suggestions on some tools that wont break the bank?

I also found this today....angry. When i had a cover on my car outside i had bricks holding the cover down. Well, apparently one of the windy nights launched a brick into the side of the car. This will be a p.i.t.a to make better...

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
so i have some minor updates to share, and also looking for a little insight. first i thought i would show off my work space lol, i'm pleased with how it is turning out.

the electric situation will be finished in the spring when my buddy can give me a hand, then all of the lights will be on a switch vs. plugging them in all the time

my one work bench, shop manuals, tools, and entertainment area.

and the car's workspace. next to the motorcycle workspace... i have too many projects lol

and the latest addition to the garage as of Saturday.

so onto the car stuff...i took a look at the fuel line that i know is going to need repaired because i boogered it all up taking it off the fuel pump.

looking for some helpful hints for this one. obviously i cant reuse that pressure clip. i have seen some repair kits at advance, but i am pretty sure they use a compression fitting in the repair. i do not like compression fittings....at all. so, definitely looking for some help and suggestions with this repair.

The return line from the tank looks like it was repaired at some point. i saw this because i dont think it came from the factory with a compression fitting. as much as i hate them, how bad is this since it is the return line? i also forgot to get a good picture of the fuel line repair i saw under the car. i forget which line it was on, so it will probably get taken care of when i make the other repairs. here is the compression fitting return line.

onto the passenger front brake line. even using the brake line wrench, this fitting keeps rounding off.

i was originally going to look at cutting, re-flaring etc... etc... but given its location, i may just look at how much a new one is from honda.

i'm not sure how big of a deal this is either...onto the doors of the car. the vapor barriers are basically falling apart if i touch them lol. i'm not in the know, how needed are these on the car?

lastly, the fuel tank. on the outside it looked pretty nasty. so i figured i would take out the pump and see if it was worth saving. i'm going to clean up the outside and coat the whole thing in chassis saver and use the money i would have spent on another tank somewhere else in this build. the inside looks pretty darn good to me.

it was hard to capture the "cleanliness" of the inside of the tank.

Possibly a stupid question. how does the sending unit come out of the tank? i know it's bad. at first i thought the sending unit was all part of the pump assembly itself but after looking on acura's part breakdowns it looks like it is separate. the pump works fine, but the gauge doesnt read correctly. when i was draining the fuel from the tank, the gauge read over half a tank and i think i got maybe 4 gallons out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
well, i got the metering unit thing figured out. i just havent removed it yet. i think next time i get to spend some time under the car, i'm going to really start tearing into my fuel lines. i can't tell if what i'm looking at is an older repair or how the car came from the factory. there really isnt good detail of what i'm looking on at the parts breakdown, and there is only a handful of pictures on the web of the area i am trying to figure out. but, fuel lines are definitely the next thing to tackle. i didnt make a ton of headway on the car this past weekend. spent most of the time cleaning the garage and cleaning out the car. i had been keeping a lot of the parts i removed in the car lol.

so this weekend - i continued working on removing the sound deadening, drilled out several broken bolts and broke my mirrors lol. i have no idea how i did this still....my mirrors were folded in. i went to fold them out to make sure they were in good shape and both of them broke. there is nothing to "lock" them into place now, i;m assuming some plastic tab broke somewhere. so i can add that to my list of needed parts now...crap.

i made some "inspiration" decorations for the garage. i printed 2 of my favorite pics of my car, framed them and hung them in the garage.

and a part i acquired that i forgot to post up. i got it for a really good deal. roof rack and 2 bicycle mounts. its older, but it will work fine for what i intend to use it for.

that;s really all from the little time i had to wrench on things this weekend. i cannot wait for spring weather and the evenings being lighter longer. i can really start cranking on this then.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Didnt get a whole whole lot done on the car. spent most of the weekend working OT..blah!

so things i did accomplish - fix my heater for the garage so i dont die now when it gets to be feezing
-removed the sound deadening in the trunk and removed a bit more in the interior part of the car.
-poked at the one rust hole in the driver's front wheel well. its a little worse than i had thought, i'm not entirely sure how i am going to go about fixing that
-removed the mirrors to figure out what broke on them, still have no idea
-tested the old oem acura stereo. still works great, now i'm gonna try to add a line in on the unit from a diy thing i saw.

i also got some better pics of my fuel line. it looks like the return line was repaired once before, it is a mix of the hard line and rubber line. it connects to the fuel pump with a rubber line and a clamp, why not just run a rubber line from where it looks like it was repaired once before the whole way up to the fuel pump?

you can see in this picture it looks like it was repaired once because it goes from the metal line, to rubber, back to metal, then back to rubber?

that line is getting a bit rusty

for the other fuel line, this is a crap shoot. i have no idea what this line is supposed to look like.

here is one compression fitting

and here is another one that goes to the end with the quick release to the fuel pump?

this may be a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of what this fuel line is actually supposed to look like? i'd rather address this now with the tank and everything off the car rather than later...

or is the fuel system low enough pressure that compression fittings are ok? i know that they are a no-no on the brake lines, won't pass inspection in PA either on the brake lines. looking for some insight on this

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Well i just tried to do some carbon fiber wrap on some interior pieces like the vents and door window switches. Well....that was an epic failure for my first try lol. Time to try again. Maybe a smaller part first

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I havent worked on the car at all lately, its too freakin cold to be out in a detached garage working. but, i ordered civic wheel arches from rustrepair.com the other day to see if i can use them for some of my body work. talk about fast shipping, they are on the truck for delivery today

201 - 220 of 728 Posts